Replay of 2014 Semi vs Florida | The Boneyard

Replay of 2014 Semi vs Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just watching this game again (for about the 10th time) and I just caught something I did not before...in the intro, the announcer introduced UConn as entering their 5th Final Four. How the heck, on such an important stage with all that preparation, did they get that wrong?

Another annoyance was no mention that we won 3 prior NCs, something they introduced FL to. Anyway, no big deal, but kind of shocked at such a glaring mistake, given the circumstances.

Reaction Score
whoops - my bad. I was focused on our 4-0 record, but that was in championship games.

Reaction Score
On such an important stage with all your preparation...

Reaction Score
watch Bazz and Boat torment the Florida guards. Ole' Billy had no answer for that.

Reaction Score
I can watch all day that run after Florida jumped out to the 16-4 lead and the Gator fans and bench were crazy. That arrogance left quickly when DD buried the corner jumper off a nice feed by Boat to cap off a 13 zip run. And our guys were very much back in it and KO was really in it!

Reaction Score
I can watch all day that run after Florida jumped out to the 16-4 lead and the Gator fans and bench were crazy. That arrogance left quickly when DD buried the corner jumper off a nice feed by Boat to cap off a 13 zip run. And our guys were very much back in it and KO was really in it!

True story: my wife and I had our first son on the first day of the Big East Tournament in March 2011. We went 5-0 and then 6-0 in the first month of my son's life, and won our third title.

We had our second son in February 2014. We obviously lost a few games after that (Cincinnati, SMU, Louisville twice) but when the tourney began, he was obviously a huge good luck charm, just like his brother. As with his brother, I held him for every game, wire-to-wire.

During the Florida game, Florida jumped out to that HUGE 16-4 lead in the first half, and I'm looking at my son thinking, what am I doing wrong here? All of a sudden, I realized: he's wearing an orange bib.

I exchanged the big with a UConn bib (old-school Husky logo) and after taking the lead, we never lost it for the rest of the tourney.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
So your kids are basically the Nelson De La Rosa of UConn Basketball, is what you're saying.

Reaction Score
So your kids are basically the Nelson De La Rosa of UConn Basketball, is what you're saying.

Significantly better looking (thanks to Mom) and much taller (ditto), but yes.

Reaction Score
True story: my wife and I had our first son on the first day of the Big East Tournament in March 2011. We went 5-0 and then 6-0 in the first month of my son's life, and won our third title.

We had our second son in February 2014. We obviously lost a few games after that (Cincinnati, SMU, Louisville twice) but when the tourney began, he was obviously a huge good luck charm, just like his brother. As with his brother, I held him for every game, wire-to-wire.

During the Florida game, Florida jumped out to that HUGE 16-4 lead in the first half, and I'm looking at my son thinking, what am I doing wrong here? All of a sudden, I realized: he's wearing an orange bib.

I exchanged the big with a UConn bib (old-school Husky logo) and after taking the lead, we never lost it for the rest of the tourney.
Is wifey expecting again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog