Rent Parking | The Boneyard

Rent Parking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
First time at the rent for me and was wondering what the deal is with this gray and blue parking passes I see people buying for 25-40 bucks? From the website it shows parking is only 15.00, do they stick you far out away from the good tailgating at that price point or something?

TLRD: what do the Parking passes get you?

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
First time at the rent for me and was wondering what the deal is with this gray and blue parking passes I see people buying for 25-40 bucks? From the website it shows parking is only 15.00, do they stick you far out away from the good tailgating at that price point or something?

TLRD: what do the Parking passes get you?
Essentially lots closer to the stadium, red is general parking is a good long walk.

http://www.rentschlerfield.com/assets/doc/2015UConnParking-Final.pdf

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I have Gray lot parking, which I like, but folks have mentioned previously that the Pratt & Whitney Aircraft Club (across Silver Lane from the stadium) is also a very good option. No need to have a pass there, just show up and pay.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

You can't get in the Blue or Grey Lots by just paying at the gate. You need a pass. In my case, I needed a couple of Blue's because we were having a family reunion and that was the only way our out of state relations could park with us. Getting raped on a couple was the only way to do it.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Or you can go across the street to the Aircraft Club (softball fields) for $15 and they have indoor crappers. It's also a shorter walk to the stadium than the general parking lot is.

Reaction Score
Just a question: Blue lot pass holder that enters via East Gate. As I don't go in through the main gate I don't see what goes on on that side of the stadium. Do they still run those mini shuttle buses from red lot to the stadium that were available 7 or so years ago? Or were they a passing fancy?

Reaction Score
If you do not have a pass park at P&W Aircraft Club as others have suggested. 5 to 10 minute walk to gate through blue lot. Indoor bathrooms. Cheaper than general parking and a whole lot less rules. Its also IMO the by far easiest to get in and out of through the back entrance.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you do not have a pass park at P&W Aircraft Club as others have suggested. 5 to 10 minute walk to gate through blue lot. Indoor bathrooms. Cheaper than general parking and a whole lot less rules. Its also IMO the by far easiest to get in and out of through the back entrance.

Does it sell out? I won't arrive until 11:30.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

It might. I drove by last game around 11:20 or so. They were still letting cars in but it looked pretty full.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
It does not sell out. The largest crowd they have had in the 9 years I have been parking there was for the Michigan game. Still plenty of room when we headed in 30 mins before kickoff

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
As a bonus, we are always set up next to the backstop closest to the road so if anyone does wander over there, stop by and say hi. We have probably the only UConn tent around there and the past two years someone next to us has been flying an Ohio State flag ABOVE their UConn flag despite our weekly warnings.
Those warnings may have to end soon....wink wink

Reaction Score
Thanks everyone! So I'm gonna be looking for the aircraft club but being a noob to the area I'm not sure I'll be able to find it. I wonder if I google map "aircraft club" it might pop up?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Thanks everyone! So I'm gonna be looking for the aircraft club but being a noob to the area I'm not sure I'll be able to find it. I wonder if I google map "aircraft club" it might pop up?

It's also on the map in the second post.

Reaction Score
Found this actually.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    165.5 KB · Views: 74

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Just a question: Blue lot pass holder that enters via East Gate. As I don't go in through the main gate I don't see what goes on on that side of the stadium. Do they still run those mini shuttle buses from red lot to the stadium that were available 7 or so years ago? Or were they a passing fancy?

They have been gone for a long time but with the new setup they could be useful. It's a haul from the back end - traversing with a 6 year old last game stunk.

Reaction Score
whaler11 said:

No. I've never seen it sell out - even in the 40k attendance days or the Michigan game where half the state of Michigan parked there. It's essentially 8 different softball fields where on normal games the past few seasons they would open 3 of those fields to park on. There is no stopping them from opening more of the fields to park on though if the demand is there.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Try 540 Silver Lane, East Hartford. I think Aircraft Club gives you the back entrance.

Reaction Score
Try 540 Silver Lane, East Hartford. I think Aircraft Club gives you the back entrance.

Yea - 200 Clement Road is the back entrance. If any one goes that way from the 84 exit (passing Marg's and the hotel) you will turn right on Simmons Rd which will have a police offer monitoring traffic. If he gives you a hard time since it is a no through street on gamedays (he likely won't as he is typically enjoying a cigar) just tell the officer you are going to aircraft club and he will let you through.

Reaction Score
You can't get in the Blue or Grey Lots by just paying at the gate. You need a pass. In my case, I needed a couple of Blue's because we were having a family reunion and that was the only way our out of state relations could park with us. Getting raped on a couple was the only way to do it.

There are times when people heading out to the red lot are waved into grey. I have no idea when or why, but it does p*ss me off just a little because I'm paying for grey. My guess is they charge them and then the attendants keep the cash.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
There are times when people heading out to the red lot are waved into grey. I have no idea when or why, but it does p*ss me off just a little because I'm paying for grey. My guess is they charge them and then the attendants keep the cash.
I was one of those people, the attendant didn't charge extra for grey. Guessing grey is not sold out and they just fill it up close to gametime. Hopefully they keep track of how many spots are left for late arriving pass holders.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not positive, but I think all parking cost the same. The Blue and Grey just get you closer to the stadium based on your priority points. The advantage is that you are locked in to that lot, not dependent on the luck of the draw.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Grey Lot (IMO) is the best parking at The Rent. All-Grass tailgating can't be beat, its close to the stadium, you're easy in and out, and you get to see some of the "scenery" walking through to the Red lots! Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom