Rent Ideas for Cuse | The Boneyard

Rent Ideas for Cuse

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
The atmosphere in the Rent for the CCSU game was bland. I'd like to put some ideas out there in case someone from UCONN reads this and wants to step things up for the Cuse game. I'll start:
  • Work out the bell/flag timing after we score
  • Bring back "Welcome to the Jungle" on 3rd downs
  • Play more hype music during down time prior to kick-off, D taking the field, etc.
Yarders, I welcome your feedback.

Reaction Score
Free bag of popcorn when you purchase a beer! LOL

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The atmosphere in the Rent for the CCSU game was bland. I'd like to put some ideas out there in case someone from UCONN reads this and wants to step things up for the Cuse game. I'll start:
  • Play more hype music during down time prior to kick-off, D taking the field, etc.
Should be way better for Syracuse.
1) its Syracuse.
2) its P5
3) its at night
4) its not a holiday weekend
5) its Syracuse

Reaction Score
As good as your ideas are, the only true way to improve the atmosphere is more fans in seats. I've already suggested these in tweet responses to UConn accounts looking for ideas, but they should get high school students and UConn students in seats. Simple idea for each.

1. Give away tickets to high school FB teams. As a former high school teacher, I've seen tons of UConn gear in schools -- they're proud of the state school and they show for other UConn sporting events. Help them get into FB. I saw pockets of high school soccer players wearing their town jerseys at UConn soccer this past week AND I saw some high school players in their jerseys at the game with CCSU. Let's get more! The tickets aren't selling for much now anyways -- better in the long run to lose a few hundred as a goodwill gesture to fans.
2. School-sponsored tailgate for cheap. Get the students without cars and under 21 to the game. Thirty or forty Cornhole sets. All you can eat burgers and dogs (let's be honest, doesn't have to be great food). DJ. Sell tickets for a few dollars. I could see this being a liability issue, but I'm sure they could also figure out a way to have wrist bands for 21+ and allow drinking too. They did that for Spring Weekend when I was on campus back in the day. Bring buses and get there EARLY for students to enjoy the tailgate.

Reaction Score
As good as your ideas are, the only true way to improve the atmosphere is more fans in seats. I've already suggested these in tweet responses to UConn accounts looking for ideas, but they should get high school students and UConn students in seats. Simple idea for each.

1. Give away tickets to high school FB teams. As a former high school teacher, I've seen tons of UConn gear in schools -- they're proud of the state school and they show for other UConn sporting events. Help them get into FB. I saw pockets of high school soccer players wearing their town jerseys at UConn soccer this past week AND I saw some high school players in their jerseys at the game with CCSU. Let's get more! The tickets aren't selling for much now anyways -- better in the long run to lose a few hundred as a goodwill gesture to fans.
2. School-sponsored tailgate for cheap. Get the students without cars and under 21 to the game. Thirty or forty Cornhole sets. All you can eat burgers and dogs (let's be honest, doesn't have to be great food). DJ. Sell tickets for a few dollars. I could see this being a liability issue, but I'm sure they could also figure out a way to have wrist bands for 21+ and allow drinking too. They did that for Spring Weekend when I was on campus back in the day. Bring buses and get there EARLY for students to enjoy the tailgate.
My high school’s team was there

Reaction Score
Holding the students there against their will is not the answer. Putting a good product on the field is
Yeah, start doing that, they won't come at all.

Reaction Score
Holding the students there against their will is not the answer. Putting a good product on the field is
It's not holding students hostage. When UConn sponsored bus trips to MSG years ago, buses only left 30 minutes after end of contest.
Only since the RENT opened has the policy been that once a bus is full, it can leave for the return trip to Storrs. Policy should return to 30 minutes post end of game. Students can leave the stadium & board the bus (no one will stop them), but it's going nowhere until after the contest is over.
The student section emptying in the 3rd quarter is akin to those who leave an MLB game after the 7th inning just to beat traffic.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
All of the lost/failed "time-out" prizes from earlier in game should be distributed to the student section in the 4th quarter.

Reaction Score
It's not holding students hostage. When UConn sponsored bus trips to MSG years ago, buses only left 30 minutes after end of contest.
Only since the RENT opened has the policy been that once a bus is full, it can leave for the return trip to Storrs. Policy should return to 30 minutes post end of game. Students can leave the stadium & board the bus (no one will stop them), but it's going nowhere until after the contest is over.
The student section emptying in the 3rd quarter is akin to those who leave an MLB game after the 7th inning just to beat traffi
I agree with noeynox and kemba. The students taking the buses don't get to cook and relax at their cars after the game like you and I. I took those buses back to campus a few times before I found a friend to hitch a ride with and whose family welcomed lots of us to their tailgate. I remember how much it sucked getting stuck in traffic leaving the stadium and getting back to my dorm close to midnight after a night game. Find incentives to keep the students, sure, but forcing them to stay is going to keep lots on campus.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Maybe close all the gates that surround the rent to trap the non student fans there too?
Or at least not offer people a ride home when the game still on?

Reaction Score

1. Give away tickets to high school FB teams.

Saturday was already designated as “High School Day” where historically high school teams are invited to submit their athletic rosters (coaches/players per NCAA recruiting regs) and they receive free admission to the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom