Remembered that rumored game against the Irish at Fenway | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Remembered that rumored game against the Irish at Fenway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would LOVE to play games at Gillette. Schedule anybody there, I don't care who. Penn St would seem like a good fit since they are close. Could also schedule them at MetLife, Citi or Yankee. Just about any B1G team would do.

What motivation would Penn State play us? They already own football in the region.

Reaction Score
That game at Fenway should be ND vs us. Can't believe Warde let BC shove us aside again!

Road dog, ND calls the shots. I think you might want to think it through regarding Warde. Warde has nothing to do with this...
Notre Dame cancelled their annual meeting with /Michigan after the 2014 season, where do you think we stand.ie. football scheduling with ND. Good move to keep
the relations with BC i.e. scheduling women's hoops is good. After hiring HCBD, relations I'm sure improved even moreso.....

BC - UCONN relations, due to Warde
and the present BC admin has improved tremendously and we play them in all sports, except football. We start in Hockey East with BC next year.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
What motivation would Penn State play us? They already own football in the region.

I don't care who we would play there. Penn St may want to get creative with scheduling because of their bowl ban and scholarship reductions for covering up child abuse and rape for decades under the JoePa era. They've already played the Fruitcakes at MetLife this season so there goes your "they already own the region" theory. If that was true, why would they play the Fruitcakes at MetLife knowing full well that the Fruit only brought about 5K to MetLife for their game against USC a few years ago? Their region ownership is a little vulnerable right now with the NCAA sanctions from their Sandusky cover-up. But if Penn St doesn't want to play us in Boston or NYC, meh, whatever. Schedule another B1G team (Nebraska, Michigan, Ohio St, Mich St, Wisconsin, etc) or another school with a huge fanbase that wants some northeast exposure for their fans and alumni.

Reaction Score
Road dog, ND calls the shots. I think you might want to think it through regarding Warde. Warde has nothing to do with this...
Notre Dame cancelled their annual meeting with /Michigan after the 2014 season, where do you think we stand.ie. football scheduling with ND. Good move to keep
the relations with BC i.e. scheduling women's hoops is good. After hiring HCBD, relations I'm sure improved even moreso.....

BC - UCONN relations, due to Warde
and the present BC admin has improved tremendously and we play them in all sports, except football. We start in Hockey East with BC next year.

I don't see anny change football wise in the BC-UCONN relationship. Pretty sure the animosity goes all the way to the BC President and the new BC AD has gotten a lot of negative feedback from Alums regarding playing UCONN in football.

Reaction Score
I don't see anny change football wise in the BC-UCONN relationship. Pretty sure the animosity goes all the way to the BC President and the new BC AD has gotten a lot of negative feedback from Alums regarding playing UCONN in football.

image.jpg

Reaction Score
It goes back farther than that. Think of the days we would club you like baby seals in hoops.
That's when BC admins and alums first became vengeful toward UConn and having the same thing happen in football was too embarassing an idea to allow to have happen.
The ACC threw a life raft and you jumped as soon as you could even if it meant losing all dignity when going back and forth between conferences.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ruskin said:
Will give WM benefit of the doubt on this one. Sunday they announced the ND-UConn hoop series is continuing. Between that and Diaco MAYBE there's a football tie-in. I hope so.

Also if he had agreed to it about 75 pct of the folks here would be screaming at him for not being big-time and demanding a home game.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Also if he had agreed to it about 75 pct of the folks here would be screaming at him for not being big-time and demanding a home game.
LOL, you think the percent is that low?

We hashed this out for a bit when it came up, and many poo-poohed it. We need national exposure. We are going to have to pay our dues a bit.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Well, if you're right, isn't that just sooo Christian of him.

Regardless, there is no reason for UConn to play BC. Brings nothing in basketball and football was never a rivalry. UConn will continue to play its real only natural (and competitive) rival in the region in football, which is Rutgers.

Reaction Score
LOL, you think the percent is that low?

We hashed this out for a bit when it came up, and many poo-poohed it. We need national exposure. We are going to have to pay our dues a bit.

I'm thinking that with the Diaco hire some people might have put the pitchforks down. The evidence is mounting that WM is NOT an idiot.

Reaction Score
You must be kidding. There is no relationship between women's basketball and men's football. Given the situation for ND, there is no room for UConn on it's schedule in football unless UConn was a member of the ACC. Given the current CR scenario, that is very unlikely to happen. Even if it did, it will be maybe a decade before the two would meet on the football field. ND had to break over relations with some B1G teams that they had for years to comply with their ACC commitment. If you believe that there could be a tie in with football, you are truly a dreamer. ND is for ND. UConn should demand mega bucks to resume the basketball rivalry.

Not going to get into the weeds on this but there are several very recent football schedule arrangements (Cincy-Michigan, for example) that were most definitely tied to hoop scheduling. We'll see if it applies here. You know Muffett wants to keep playing the women's hoop series. I hope Geno (and Warde) had the sense to say add a football game or 2 and we'll do it. You may dismiss it out of hand, but it is a possibility, and that tied with the Diaco tie increases the odds.

I get that ND is for ND, BTW. No need for the patronizing tone. I have sort of an idea how these things work.

Reaction Score
Well, if you're right, isn't that just sooo Christian of him.

Regardless, there is no reason for UConn to play BC. Brings nothing in basketball and football was never a rivalry. UConn will continue to play its real only natural (and competitive) rival in the region in football, which is Rutgers.

Totally agree. BC won't play us and we shouldn't play them. Begging for a game by some people is pathetic.

Reaction Score
Totally agree. BC won't play us and we shouldn't play them. Begging for a game by some people is pathetic.

depends on how you define begging. To me begging is a one-off one-away. If it's a 1-1-1 (Gillette plus a home-and-home) i don't think that's begging. I take it in two seconds.

Reaction Score
depends on how you define begging. To me begging is a one-off one-away. If it's a 1-1-1 (Gillette plus a home-and-home) i don't think that's begging. I take it in two seconds.
Which team gives up a home game for Gillette? That is the real issue since both teams need quality home games in their home stadium. ND is just about the only team that has the luxury of giving up 1 game per year in South Bend and still having 6 0r 7 more there in any given year. Neither Uconn nor BC will do that and end up with only 5 true home gates/

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
My proposal is this: five games, all @ Foxboro, all split gate. BC can choose whether to call games 1 & 3 or games 2 & 4 home games (and have the TV rights to those games). First team to two wins in this set of games gets to call game 5 a home game.

Reaction Score
My proposal is this: five games, all @ Foxboro, all split gate. BC can choose whether to call games 1 & 3 or games 2 & 4 home games (and have the TV rights to those games). First team to two wins in this set of games gets to call game 5 a home game.

Interesting...never will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32