Remaining Saturday games (Temple/Oregon, Baylor, UCLA, etc.) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Remaining Saturday games (Temple/Oregon, Baylor, UCLA, etc.)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Am I penalized for putting Penn down as advancing on my bracket sheet early in the 4th quarter?
Yes. That's a major penalty. To the penalty box you go for a good long while.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
And you picked Penn.

Actually I was referring to the Duke victory. There is no joy in Durham or Greensboro (at least in my house) tonight. I just looked at the replay of the game...well a few minutes... and the Hampton player just barrelled into Lambert... didnt even seem to be making a real play for the ball. Read on twitter that an MRI is scheduled for Monday. I fear she is done for the season.

Yep.... update..... Coach McCallie confirmed that Lambert is out for the Oregon game... and is out for a long time. :oops::(

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Actually I was referring to the Duke victory. There is no joy in Durham or Greensboro (at least in my house) tonight. I just looked at the replay of the game...well a few minutes... and the Hampton player just barrelled into Lambert... didnt even seem to be making a real play for the ball. Read on twitter that an MRI is scheduled for Monday. I fear she is done for the season.

Yep.... update..... Coach McCallie confirmed that Lambert is out for the Oregon game... and is out for a long time. :oops::(
I'm so sorry for Lambert and for Duke. Injuries suck. :(:(

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Before the NCAA's started I said that Montana State could cause some problems for Washington in the first half because of their 3 point shooting. Some Pac 12 fans were irate and took me to task. Well it's coming to pass for just that reason as right now Washington leads 24-21 with 6:40 in the first.

You were right, but only because UW couldn't buy a 3 pointer. Ended up a blowout just like I said it would be. #2 from Montana St. had a heck of a game though, scored 33.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oh I agree. It's an ugly game that Washington will be lucky to win by 20-25. Against a not very good team. But also try to remember all of the unforced Montana State turn overs, missed open shots and bunnies early. Also let's try to remember that Montana State is playing with their own unnoticed and unreported injuries. It's a long season and no team is completely healthy. Yet I expect UW to pull away and win fairly easily in the 2nd.

You shoulda quit w/ the prognosticating while you were ahead. Lucky to win by 20 or 25? Not so much. Cruised to a 30 point win and they cleared the bench w/ 4 or 5 minutes left.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Try to remember that they have one banked-in three, a ten-foot running hook shot, and an end-of-quarter heave from 18 feet. Plum is now playing on a bad ankle, which the idiot announcers have already forgotten. Collier and Johnson are once again proving that they're the two worst players in D1. Romeo continues to play absolutely horribly.

It's an ugly, ugly game and Washington will still win by 20.

Yeah that end of quarter heave, the MSU player was shaking her head like "I can't even believe that went in."

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Sorry for the rant. I'm just totally amazed, and pissed, about how Collier, Johnson, and Romeo have been playing all season.

Romeo hit enough 3's tonight to earn her keep. I was happy w/ the balance for the Huskies. McDonald was good tonight.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Pac 12 doing okay so far. I can live w/ Stanford and OSU struggling in the first round. UW and UCLA cruised and Oregon and Cal won some pick 'em games, ASU won convincingly. I'll take it.

Plebe

Reaction Score
You were right, but only because UW couldn't buy a 3 pointer. Ended up a blowout just like I said it would be. #2 from Montana St. had a heck of a game though, scored 33.
Apparently we will all have to get used to this weird deal where all Pac-12 teams get the Tennessee treatment, and any remote sign of a struggle, even early in a game, triggers a big huge pile-on. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Actually I was referring to the Duke victory.

I know you were. I was just kidding with you as in.....on top of that you also picked Penn.

There is no joy in Durham or Greensboro (at least in my house) tonight. I just looked at the replay of the game...well a few minutes... and the Hampton player just barrelled into Lambert... didnt even seem to be making a real play for the ball.

Yeah I saw the replay right after it happened. Lambert must have had her legged planted just as the Hampton player ran into her. She had to be helped off the court but I thought it might not be so bad because she was walking albeit very slowly. Not so unfortunately.

So who gets those minutes? Cooper.....Prim?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I know you were. I was just kidding with you as in.....on top of that you also picked Penn.

Yeah I saw the replay right after it happened. Lambert must have had her legged planted just as the Hampton player ran into her. She had to be helped off the court but I thought it might not be so bad because she was walking albeit very slowly. Not so unfortunately.

So who gets those minutes? Cooper.....Prim?

Well Cooper starts already.... I suspect Odom will be put back in the line-up.... she has played the 4 all year... but she's a natural 3... so she will start along with Brown and Greenwell. Primm didnt play the last quarter.... and she had her leg iced. She will play Monday though.... not sure how many minutes she can give.

That Hampton player was playing reckless..... there was no need to deliver a body check in that situation. I have a bad feeling about the Lambert injury. Like possible ACL bad.... meaning her 2017-18 season could be in doubt. I hope that I am wrong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom