Remaining Saturday games (Temple/Oregon, Baylor, UCLA, etc.) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Remaining Saturday games (Temple/Oregon, Baylor, UCLA, etc.)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Wow. I just watched the final 14 seconds of Oregon-Temple.

First of all, how do you leave Hebard, Oregon's leading scorer, so wide open from 6 feet away?

And then Fitzgerald was unaware that they didn't have a timeout left. In the old days that would've been a technical, as Chris Webber knows all too well.

She had a layup to win it with a second left but Hebard bothered her shot just enough. Game over. Tough, tough loss.

Reaction Score
Temple was fortunate not to be called for a technical as they appeared to try to call a timeout and they had none. Tonya used way too many timeouts late and had none when she needed one.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Apparently, Baylor sets a new scoring record 119 to 30.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Just checking the box score on that game:

In lockstep with my prediction, Hebard and McGwire have 14 and 10, respectively.
Ionescu with 6 points and 5 assists.

For Temple, Fitzgerald and Atkinson are a combined 3 of 14. They're lucky to be down only a point. Butts (15) and Sherrill (10) keeping the Owls in the game.
And they are/were missing Fountain.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I can understand many of committee's "controversial" seeding choices based on geography (Syracuse as a #8 to Storrs, USF as a #11 to Tallahassee).

But the one I have no idea about is why Cal wasn't made the #10 seed in Bridgeport and Oregon wasn't made the #9 in Baylor's section. Clearly the committee saw Oregon as the better team, since they had Cal and not Oregon among their last four in.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Apparently, Baylor sets a new scoring record 119 to 30.

Is it my imagination or is ESPN2 completely ignoring the Baylor game. Perhaps an 89 pt victory is just too hard to explain away?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I didnt time this well....... gotta get pizza but the game is about to start ..... and donut world is already closed Head bang

Plebe

Reaction Score
Is it my imagination or is ESPN2 completely ignoring the Baylor game. Perhaps an 89 pt victory is just too hard to explain away?
The SWAC will have to be content with getting its first-ever postseason victory (yes, first ever) in this year's WNIT when Grambling St shocked Ole Miss.

Hopefully TSU got to ride a nice bus.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Tonya used way too many timeouts late and had none when she needed one.
I don't agree. She used her last two at exactly the right times. She called her last one with 20 seconds to go, with the ball and down one. You try to set up a play to get a basket to take the lead. You don't save it in case you need it with five seconds to go.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I can understand many of committee's "controversial" seeding choices based on geography (Syracuse as a #8 to Storrs, USF as a #11 to Tallahassee).

But the one I have no idea about is why Cal wasn't made the #10 seed in Bridgeport and Oregon wasn't made the #9 in Baylor's section. Clearly the committee saw Oregon as the better team, since they had Cal and not Oregon among their last four in.
Committee wants Oregon to punish Duke............or maybe Hampton :oops::rolleyes:

Plebe

Reaction Score
#2 for Temple is cat quick
That's Feyonda Fitzgerald, 1st Team all-AAC and named to one of the POY midseason watch lists (I forget which one). Temple will miss her next year.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Penn is off to a great start against Texas A&M, up 15-6 at the media TO. Already hit three 3's and bothering the Aggies with just sound defense.

Plebe

Reaction Score
A&M is in some trouble. Not just that they're down 8 at end of 1Q, but Anriel Howard and another starter already have 2 fouls.

Coach Blair is very unhappy with their defense and mental mistakes fouling.

Reaction Score
Coach P has the Dukettes clicking so far. Up 19 in the 2nd.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
You know, on and on I've heard some people promote one team or another as the true challenger to UConn this year. Some said Stanford or USc or Maryland or ND. I just think all of those teams are comparative pretenders to Baylor. With a healthy Jones IMO this team is clearly the 2nd best in WCBB. Before UConn's soph's showed their stuff I thought Baylor was the team to beat from the jump. The only thing that has changed my mind are UConn's three AA's.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Before the NCAA's started I said that Montana State could cause some problems for Washington in the first half because of their 3 point shooting. Some Pac 12 fans were irate and took me to task. Well it's coming to pass for just that reason as right now Washington leads 24-21 with 6:40 in the first.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I just noticed in the write-up that Jordin Canada had 16 assists in today's game. That's a really high number.

Reaction Score
Before the NCAA's started I said that Montana State could cause some problems for Washington in the first half because of their 3 point shooting. Some Pac 12 fans were irate and took me to task. Well it's coming to pass for just that reason as right now Washington leads 24-21 with 6:40 in the first.

Try to remember that they have one banked-in three, a ten-foot running hook shot, and an end-of-quarter heave from 18 feet. Plum is now playing on a bad ankle, which the idiot announcers have already forgotten. Collier and Johnson are once again proving that they're the two worst players in D1. Romeo continues to play absolutely horribly.

It's an ugly, ugly game and Washington will still win by 20.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Try to remember that they have one banked-in three, a ten-foot running hook shot, and an end-of-quarter heave from 18 feet. Plum is now playing on a bad ankle, which the idiot announcers have already forgotten. Collier and Johnson are once again proving that they're the two worst players in D1. Romeo continues to play absolutely horribly.

It's an ugly, ugly game and Washington will still win by 20.
Oh I agree. It's an ugly game that Washington will be lucky to win by 20-25. Against a not very good team. But also try to remember all of the unforced Montana State turn overs, missed open shots and bunnies early. Also let's try to remember that Montana State is playing with their own unnoticed and unreported injuries. It's a long season and no team is completely healthy. Yet I expect UW to pull away and win fairly easily in the 2nd.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom