Red pants firing... does it destroy our current recruiting class? | The Boneyard

Red pants firing... does it destroy our current recruiting class?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Getting late in the year to finalize recruiting...does this hurt us or help us....Although this doesn't look like a banner year according to the recruiting sites, are we now in jeopardy of losing several "commits?" Although support the firing, concerned that a roster lacking depth could get both thinner and younger over the next couple of years...Hoping we can find someone that can have an impact like Frost is making at UCF.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Depends on who they bring in. Could quite possibly flip some guys in our direction with the right hire. The wrong hire...and.....crickets.

Reaction Score
I think the recruiting class ranking/status played a decent bit of a role in the decision to rip the bandaid off now versus next year. Fingers crossed the new coach can do damage control and bring on a couple of kids he/his coaching staff has been recruiting.

Reaction Score
Hopefully we can get some flips/Grad Transfers/Juco's along with the new coach.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It's full of unknowns, so I guess we won't know.

The bigger problem is the low number of commits, that is either an opportunity or a real problem for the new staff if they just try to load up on bodies.

I doubt we lose anyone that would be a difference maker. Depending who gets hired we may pick up one or two guys that might be.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
If the some of the current players leave, we could have an issue with having enough bodies.

Reaction Score
Diaco wasn't setting the world on fire with his recruiting. That may have been the biggest indictment of his tenure. Also his RKG's BS produced some WKG's. Diaco was a bigger fiasco than P. At least P brought in some guys that will get NFL whiffs. Most of Diaco's guys have barely gotten on the field or distinguished themselves.

Reaction Score
Even if the class is/was bad -- it would be a bigger issue if there were more commits. There are so few guys on board at this point that it makes almost no difference and certainly not enough to effect the decision to fire.

Reaction Score
The class is bad enough that I don't think we really have to worry about any other programs looking to poach our commits.

Now that made me LOL!

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Red Pants himself destroyed our recruiting class. Getting rid of him will probably make it better.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
There are probably around 5 or so guys objectively worth keeping. If Diaco kept most if not all of Pasqualoni's final class together, I think our new guy can hold onto our top few.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
BD had two full classe's of his own. They should make whatever impact they ate going to make in the next two years. It should be pretty clear if they are ready to play or not as I'm assuming the new coach would handcuff his players with as much stupidity.

Reaction Score
Sign a smallish class in February and then let the new HC load up with EE that are "his" guys next January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom