Red Fox Glastonbury NIL - Karaban & Newton on 7/13 | The Boneyard

Red Fox Glastonbury NIL - Karaban & Newton on 7/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looking forward to Red Fox’s 7th NIL event on 7/13 with Tristen Newton & Alex Karaban. Should be another fun night. Thank you to all the players who have participated. I hope you like our new flyer.
IMG_2289.jpeg

Last edited:

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I have a reservation for 2 at 5:00 but unfortunately won’t be able to make it anymore. Who wants it?

Reaction Score
I have a reservation for 2 at 5:00 but unfortunately won’t be able to make it anymore. Who wants it?
I am allset, but thanks for asking.

Should we have the players go around together or separately?

Reaction Score
However they feel most comfortable doing it, honestly.
Agree, we try our best to make it the player’s event. They represent the program and the school well.
We always get great feedback on the quality time they spend with people doing whatever the people want: chat, take photos or autographs.
We do one event at a time and make the decision to do the next one based on the success of the last one. That process has fortunately led to 7 events with the wonderful support of many here and other fans. I hope it continues but there are no guarantees other than making the upcoming event as great as we can - so we can do another.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hey I thought you were in Alabama? Did you move back to Connecticut?

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
How’d it go everyone?

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I had a good time. We were very fortunate to have two surprise guests, who you all would know.
Aside from the players Newton/Alex?

Do tell.

Reaction Score
Was a great time as usual. Thanks @Chief00

Saw Hassan Diarra. Who was the other surprise guest?
You’re welcome. Glad you had a great time. Jason Butikofer was there too.
A generous woman won the raffle 1st prize ($260), and when she went up to collect her winnings, she spontaneously offered it to the players who had drawn her ticket. She meant well, did not know the rules and was a very kind woman. Fortunately, the players said the right thing - that they couldn’t take it. But, just goes to show you never know what might happen.
As for Hassan, he came as a guest of a player and said he was there to support his guys. A teammate like Hasson make this squad very special. I am going to encourage the owner to put him in the paid NIL rotation. He represents the program well.

While Hassan was there to support his teammates, one couple approached him and said to him, that he was the wife’s favorite player, she loved his energy level. I told him Jim Calhoun made a similar observation about his up tempo energy after watching a pre season practice last year and when Jim says something I listen and take stock.
I hope I handled all the curve balls ok.
Alex and Tristen did great jobs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hassan is a wonderful kid. He was sitting by himself at the table next to my wife and me so we invited him over to sit down. Had a great 15 minute conversation with him. Very polite and articulate. Dog lover. Tremendous ambassador for the program and school. Been to three of these so far. Great events.

Reaction Score
Hassan is a wonderful kid. He was sitting by himself at the table next to my wife and me so we invited him over to sit down. Had a great 15 minute conversation with him. Very polite and articulate. Dog lover. Tremendous ambassador for the program and school. Been to three of these so far. Great events.
Agree, on Hassan. Thanks for sharing. To me that’s the best part about our events, the personal connection that can be made between the players and the fans. As Alex and Tristen were circulating I notice they sat down and visited for awhile at a table too.

I always try to balance advertising more broadly with maintaining the unique characteristic of the event. We want a good size crowd but also want everyone who attends to feel they had a special personal experience with the players. And that’s what the players seem to want too.

Reaction Score
Ha yeah! Moved back to CT about 5 years ago. You still in atl?
Yep, still here. City of Atlanta is a lot different than any place in Alabama and more to my liking. CT is nice place but I can't stand the cold weather and I wanted to be in a bigger city.

Reaction Score
I was away for the event but am hopefully for another event soon, perhaps at the Middletown location.

Reaction Score
One thing you learn from these events is what the players think of guys they compete against in practice.
Cam Spencer’s is very highly thought of. One of the players considers him a 3 level scorer, which I thought was interesting. I had thought of him as a 3 point shooter, who could also do other things ok.
Samson Johnson is also a name that comes up a lot, assuming he stays healthy.

Reaction Score
One thing you learn from these events is what the players think of guys they compete against in practice.
Cam Spencer’s is very highly thought of. One of the players considers him a 3 level scorer, which I thought was interesting. I had thought of him as a 3 point shooter, who could also do other things ok.
Samson Johnson is also a name that comes up a lot, assuming he stays healthy.
C.. Great to hear on Cam/Samson.. Any casual comments from them about how the freshmen are looking so far??

Reaction Score
C.. Great to hear on Cam/Samson.. Any casual comments from them about how the freshmen are looking so far??
As expected Castle sees the court well. The big guy from Africa has potential. Freshmen look good but of course have lots to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom