Recruiting process about to kick into high gear at UConn (Jim Fuller) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Recruiting process about to kick into high gear at UConn (Jim Fuller)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If it wasn't a 45 minute daily commute to Storrs, I'd suggest Southington, home of the current Class LL champions & a great community to live in!;)

Bolton, Manchester or South Windsor would be my choices. East Windsor or Ellington, too.

Reaction Score
Maybe he'll buy Paul Pasquolini's house in South Windsor. I imagine he will be moving out of town soon so house may already be for sale.

Pretty sure Pasqualoni planned on retiring in South Windsor...(and yeah, I get the joke)

Reaction Score
The dude has his priorities set:

Diaco hasn't decided where he is going to live. "I have no idea haven’t thought about it."

Love it.
That is priceless. Love where his head is at. He's got the coin to live anywhere he wants now. It should be the least of his worries.

Reaction Score
The cost of housing in Silicon Valley was hurting Stanford's ability to get/keep Assistants. So, the school built houses on or near campus for the staff. They commute via golf cart. To me, it sounds too much like on-post Military housing or a "company town" thing.

I had no idea they built houses there for their assistants. Houses in Palo Alto are outrageous in cost. For $1.5M, you get a small town home next to the highway and next to bunch of power lines. They got excellent schools though.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
The cost of housing in Silicon Valley was hurting Stanford's ability to get/keep Assistants. So, the school built houses on or near campus for the staff. They commute via golf cart. To me, it sounds too much like on-post Military housing or a "company town" thing.

Sounds like "The Prisoner."

prisoner-postcard2.jpg

Reaction Score
Move in near Coach Ollie so they can compare notes and the love of the Huskies!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Move in near Coach Ollie so they can compare notes and the love of the Huskies!
I think there would be a lot of merit to BD living close to KO.

Reaction Score
If it was me I'd rather live in Mansfield, Coventry or Willington. All just minutes away without the traffic yet far enough to be able to "escape" campus for a relaxing, quiet ride home.

Reaction Score
He should move to the gateway to Connecticut's quiet corner, Coventry! It's where I grew up. It's got, uh... er... Bidwell's! And, er... the lake!

Okay. Maybe Manchester or something with stuff. Cause let me tell you. Growing up in a place with nothin' to do but hang out in the woods and smoke pot...

.. is pretty great.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He should move to the gateway to Connecticut's quiet corner, Coventry! It's where I grew up. It's got, uh... er... Bidwell's! And, er... the lake!

Okay. Maybe Manchester or something with stuff. Cause let me tell you. Growing up in a place with nothin' to do but hang out in the woods and smoke pot...

.. is pretty great.

He can buy the little island in the middle of Coventry Lake. No power, he can go off the grid.

Besides, what better way than to start your morning commute than on a jet ski or boat?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Can we get this thread back on track? I'm sure the Diaco family collectively has the house hunting process under control. Geezus, I've never seen such an iniquitous throw away quote turn the entirety of Boneyard membership into a Bizarro World episode of Flip this House. On second thought, get Mrs. Diaco Than Merrill's phone number. I'm sure they can have a place ready in a matter of days.

Which recruits are the coaching staff focusing on?

Reaction Score
Can we get this thread back on track? ....
Which recruits are the coaching staff focusing on?

I'm with you bro... Time to get serious about recruiting again... Unfortunately, it seems as though we won't really get any decent updates until the beginning of the end of next week since the dead period ends around that time....

Reaction Score
here's an idea, let HuskyFanDan back in (can we please stop the hypocritical banning of posters as if this is Nazi Germany), and let him wax poetic on recruits left, targeted, who's coming up in 2 weeks, etc. Of course, we could instead hear more about the wonderful house hunting experiences the Diaco's will confront - in which case, can we talk about where the recruiters might live as well!!

Reaction Score
He can buy the little island in the middle of Coventry Lake. No power, he can go off the grid.

Besides, what better way than to start your morning commute than on a jet ski or boat?

There is no such thing as a bad day on a jet ski unless one separates a shoulder flipping over a wave (which I did), run out of gas (everyone I know did this), or accidently sends one’s girlfriend skipping across the lake after making a hairpin turn resulting in ‘couch duty’ for a week (gladly that was a friend, not me)…

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
How about having a HFD cesspool forum?

here's an idea, let HuskyFanDan back in (can we please stop the hypocritical banning of posters as if this is Nazi Germany), and let him wax poetic on recruits left, targeted, who's coming up in 2 weeks, etc. Of course, we could instead hear more about the wonderful house hunting experiences the Diaco's will confront - in which case, can we talk about where the recruiters might live as well!!

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score

.. is pretty great.

Thats Harwinton baby!

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score

In January?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
My girlfriend was from Coventry and the only thing I remember, besides Bidwell is Dimitri's pizza. We used to get a pie from there every Sunday night and take it to her parents. Good times. Randomly ended up living with a bunch of guys from Coventry out here in Tahoe as well. Those guys all graduated sometime in the late 80's. Greg Schaffer and Nathan (crap, can't remember his name just that he had a twin brother named Dan). Would love to know what became of them. Great guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom