Recruit Thread Poll | The Boneyard

Recruit Thread Poll

1 thread for everything running or a ton of threads?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
do you want 1 recruit thread pinned that all of us contribute to and build or do u want what we have now which is just stuff everywhere?

if 1 thread is the answer, i will make it sometime soon and i'll take all the info i know of and start if off with it.

Reaction Score
I like stuff everywhere, particularly in the offseason...I think it promotes more discussion on an interesting topic, and gets more people involved than the usual 5 sniping back and forth...

Reaction Score
Totally up for one threaded focal thread, people got a little crazy and there were 10 threads about the same guy over the course of two days. I think we can make separate threads if the topic is really important regarding official visit weekends or camps during the summer, but general news probably should flow through one thread, imho.

Reaction Score
I want one thread. It would be great if the original post could be updated periodically, but for some reason you can't edit posts after a short period on this site. Kind of odd, but have to live with it. I suppose a running tally that can be reposted periodically through out the thread would work just fine. I like having all the information in one spot though. Too many people start new threads on every step a guy takes just about.

Dan keep up the great work! You are the man! I think you have a future working for Rivals or Scout haha.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
seems like 1 thread is going to win out but its early, most of the BY will vote on this 2moro. if its 1 thread then i will start it and keep it going. i'm a mod now so i can edit my post whenever. so i can keep a running tally in the first post for people to refer to and as things hapen i can edit as needed.

Reaction Score
seems like 1 thread is going to win out but its early, most of the BY will vote on this 2moro. if its 1 thread then i will start it and keep it going. i'm a mod now so i can edit my post whenever. so i can keep a running tally in the first post for people to refer to and as things hapen i can edit as needed.

That just made my day! Would have made NSD much easier to follow as well.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I like the occasional threads that you start that update the status of all the local recruits and all of UConn's recruits but I also like having various threads about recruits as rumors etc. begin to surface. When it's all in one thread it can become hard to follow.

During the season I would prefer one thread as recruiting takes a back seat to the current team and players.

Reaction Score
Ideally, I'd love to see a hybrid model if not too difficult.
1 - Start with one thread, pinned at the top, which has a running, continually updated list of all the kids we've offered (their position, school, measurables, if they've visited or are visiting, etc... and if possible who their other offers are, and their level of interest, etc...). From a viewing standpoint, it would be great if it was all captrued in the first post of the thread and is updated with new news.

2 - Have a second pinned thread that solely lists kids who have committed/verballed, including all the same details as above (measurables, other offers, etc...)

3. Continue to have individual threads where posters can discuss specific players/recruits, where posters can weigh in, etc... This will keep the discussions going.

Great job w/ the updates Dan. I really appreciate the effort

Reaction Score
It would be cool if we could keep it to one thread but I'm not sure it's realistic. Plus our inability to veer off into off-topic territory may make a singlet thread totally unwieldy at some point.

Reaction Score
I am indifferent. But I would vote for 1 thread on UM football and their HC!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It'll be very difficult to restrict discussion to one thread. Plus, over the course of a year (or whatever), a single thread can become unweildy to follow. Nothing wrong with having a thread pinned with general info re: class of 2013 as it rolls in, but I don't think we need to restrict other threads from popping up... cause they will. I guess pretty much like SAMCRO says above.

Reaction Score
The one thread idea doesn't really allow for news or changing the subject. It's much better to have threads by recruit name.

Besides, the idea a single thread silly because its nonenforceable.

Reaction Score
I like the occasional threads that you start that update the status of all the local recruits and all of UConn's recruits but I also like having various threads about recruits as rumors etc. begin to surface. When it's all in one thread it can become hard to follow.

During the season I would prefer one thread as recruiting takes a back seat to the current team and players.

This.

Reaction Score
I know I'm already confused about the verbals so far, whether it's 2 or 3, soft or whatnot, so yes, put me down as a person who would appreciate a pinned thread with the first post updated with a listing (doesn't have to be a weekly update at all). Just a place where I could check in every month or so.

Reaction Score
I think now especially with a ton of kids for recruiting, there should be main thread like the "pipeline states" Ct,MA,NJ,FL than also a thread for other states like DC,Va,GA or just Sections like New England, Mid Atlantic, South Etc. Especially with the new teams coming into the big east should open up new interest from kids in those states. Would be easier to place kids or threads by positions.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
seems to be pretty split between 1 thread and not.

maybe this is the answer then. i can start a thread and pin it that will have offers/interest stuff with all the info we want to see. people can add to that thread with info/vids and stuff and i will update the orginal post as it happens. it can be just a listing of everything info wise for the BY.

we can still have all the other threads to chat about certain kids and what not as they go tpoic wise around. during the season when recruit talk takes a back seat it will be easy for people to refer to the thread and during the offseason the thread will be more of a ref point for info.

i like the idea of doing it by region that we recruit:
-ne/ny
-nj/pa/oh
-md/dc/va
-fl/ga
-tex/co

i can do something like that if u guys like that? maybe player name-hs-measurables-link a vid if there is one-rankings-interests-offers

what else?

what do u guys think?

Reaction Score
Actually, that region/state is a pretty good idea. However, we would be doing Iowa and Penn State's job for them :) I think that the least they could do is offer UConn an invite to the B1G.

We must protect this house!

Reaction Score
dan you do some serious work, so whatever you decide i'm sure will keep us interested. but I was wondering, any chance we could get the links page updated? New player twitter feeds, message boards of teams on 2012 schedule, recruiting site links etc... I know I could probably find all that stuff, but it might be nice to have a reference here.

Reaction Score
I just suggested the recruit thread because I've seen it on a lot of other sites and it really focuses the conversation to one thread instead of having 150 threads about the same subject

No more "I remember something being said about that player last week, but I can't find the thread"....it is a one stop shop for all recruit news and discussion which opens up the thread for other more important topics of discussion instead of having one thread about a recruit and then it being lost in the shuffle after a week so if you went on vacation or work took you away from the boneyard.....you don't have to search through all the threads, you know exactly where to go

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
dan you do some serious work, so whatever you decide i'm sure will keep us interested. but I was wondering, any chance we could get the links page updated? New player twitter feeds, message boards of teams on 2012 schedule, recruiting site links etc... I know I could probably find all that stuff, but it might be nice to have a reference here.

yea i think that thing needs some adds and changes to it also. i was thinking of something like a list of most college teams that play football with links to main boards so it doesn't get outdated to quick, then a uconn twitter post. but i was also thinking and wondering if it would be something beneficial if "the-boneyard" had a twitter account. could draw some more fans and lurkers. maybe the mods can all have the passcode to it. maybe that would be something good. the account can follow everyone important etc if several ppl can run it then we could easily capture alot of info for everyone.

if several of us ran that account we could retweet all uconn news improtant from writers and recruits across the day. that might be great, have all the people here follow it and u can sned the account news for it to rt etc. might be a great tool for us to use...something to think about.

Reaction Score
I like one thread that consolidates all of our "offered" and "committed" (verbal and official) but still allow people to discuss recruits with their own threads.

The problem with having only one thread is that after a few pages, unless you read the thread every day multiple times a day, it's very easy for things to get lost in the shuffle. And I don't know about any of you, but one of the things I hate doing is reading through every page of a massive thread just to get all the information I'm looking for. It takes too much time.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i noticed that the "some stuff" thread is starting to develope into a bit of the "1 thread" idea. i just think it starts to flow and having stuff together matters somewhat. but anway i have been thinking about this and i actually think this might be the answer.

2013 Recruiting Thread

Northeast(ne, ny and canada):
-i know a little bit about the recruit scene up here as do others. for this area i will list offers and also other top players to keep a eye on. this would be a nice way to keep tabs on every local kid. so this section will be more in depth than others. this will include the post/prep/jc schools that we watch also like 3rdbass/asa/dean. i think thats the best way to handle all this info together.

Atlantic (oh, pa, nj and del):
-just offers and other interesting info as it comes about, maybe some interest stuff out of nj.

Hampton-Tobacco Rds (md, dc, va and nc):
-just offers for now

Southeast (sc, ga, fl....):
-just offers, maybe interest in fl

West (co, tx.....):
-just offers for now

if u guys post like when your finding stuff now in the "some stuff" thread i'll keep the orginal post updated and we can start the same thing for 2014 soon also. if you find videos and articles i'll hyper link them and add links etc and keep it all clean. we can use this thread as a base to keep all info but stiff have our every day threads to enjoy. sound like a good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom