Recee Caldwell on campus today... | The Boneyard

Recee Caldwell on campus today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Just a reminder...If anyone sees any reports, please let the rest of us know. Just wanted to remind everyone this terrific 2014 top 10 guard from Texas is at UCONN on an unofficial visit... Let's hope she decides to follow in Moriah's footsteps!!

Reaction Score
Good news! It's only 1 degree F colder in Storrs than on the Long Island Sound shoreline today!

Reaction Score
Just a reminder...If anyone sees any reports, please let the rest of us know. Just wanted to remind everyone this terrific 2014 top 10 guard from Texas is at UCONN on an unofficial visit... Let's hope she decides to follow in Moriah's footsteps!!

Agreed! Please do not expect a verbal this weekend! Having said that,I certainly would be ecstatic if we do ultimately get her! Wouldn't hurt abit if the other "kid";) from TX comes back out in Feb. and we were to get both;)
xo Ira

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Have a great time, Recee!

Enjoy the banners, trophies, intense practice, and family atmosphere. You can learn from the coaches, as well as Bria Hartley, Moriah Jefferson, Sue Bird, and Diana Taurasi.

Reaction Score
There's some mighty fine BBQ right over from Storrs in Vernon. :p

Reaction Score
Someone who knows: please refresh my fading memory!

What usually happens during an 'unofficial' visit? What's disallowed?

Reaction Score
Someone who knows: please refresh my fading memory!

What usually happens during an 'unofficial' visit? What's disallowed?
All expenses must be paid for by the Caldwell's...

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Welcome to Storr's!! Hope you like what you see enough to become part of the UCONN family!

Reaction Score
. What usually happens during an 'unofficial' visit? What's disallowed?
All expenses must be paid for by the Caldwells...
Thanks, but what I want to know is what activities are the 'unofficial' party allowed to participate in? Do they have meetings with the staff? Can they attend practices? Participate in meals with the team?

In other words, are the recruit and family allowed to do anything other than wander around campus?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Thanks, but what I want to know is what activities are the 'unofficial' party allowed to participate in? Do they have meetings with the staff? Can they attend practices? Participate in meals with the team?

In other words, are the recruit and family allowed to do anything other than wander around campus?
Anything that any other potential student can do is allowed.

More info in a NC State .pdf LINK

Here are some tips. LINK

Reaction Score
I found the NC State .pdf surprisingly more useful than the chatty swimmer's discussion. It looks to me like 'unofficial visits' are a heckuva lot more than 'just another high school kid' coming to take a gander at Whatsamatta U.

Thanks, Brother Bear!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I would think that there would be a few important items on the agenda.
A player will "host" the visitor by taking her to a class and showing her about the campus. I would bet a nickel that Kaleena is selected.​
Parents would meet with both coaches and faculty (if a potential major is identified).​
Practice will be observed (including Geno yelling at someone).​
Plans for the new practice facility will be displayed.​
SNY schedule will be explained, especially plans for streaming games.​

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
No guru on Texas geography and the distance to College Station from various locales but it will be interesting to see who is courtside in mid-November [the 17th?] when UConn plays at Texas A&M.

Maybe Recee' and her folks...Moriah's folks....Brianna Turner and her family??? The more the merrier!
How about Geno embracing some Texas culture and wearing an authentic Roy Rogers or Hopalong Cassidy hat...hey...the whole staff too!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
College Station is kind of in the middle of nowhere but reasonably accessible from all of the major urban areas if one is inclined to go there. Mo's family will have a bit of a trek from the Dallas area, but not too, too bad. It's not too terribly far from the Houston area either (where Brianna Turner is from). This is going to be a pretty big event for A&M, and I have to think there will be a number of high school prospects in attendance. Gary is one country fried dude, but he's no dummy.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I thought it was more "Ruh-say" with the accent on the 2nd syllable.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Only other person I've known pronounced it ree-cee with long e's.

Reaction Score
A6FuSiaCIAAkinv.jpg

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Playing for UConn will be a big deal for the next few seasons. Family and friends can hook up with cable and get SNY and watch their child play anywhere in the country. I think that will help recruiting alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom