Rebounding | The Boneyard

Rebounding

Reaction Score
Has anyone else noticed how poor we are at boxing out. In particular Akok and Polley. I will get some push back on this because we out rebound opponents but that is because of AJ and Tyrese, a 2 and and a 3. The fact that our 4's and 5's don't rebound very well limits our fast break opportunities.

Reaction Score
Has anyone else noticed how poor we are at boxing out. In particular Akok and Polley. I will get some push back on this because we out rebound opponents but that is because of AJ and Tyrese, a 2 and and a 3. The fact that our 4's and 5's don't rebound very well limits our fast break opportunities.
The only part I'll disagree with is it limiting our fast break opportunities. We're not a good traditional box out and rebounding team, we just rely on Jackson outjumping everyone. But I think Hurley has done a good job of coaching the team up here in that RJ and Polley go up the floor for the transition 3 after Jackson pushes the ball up the court, instead of the PG waiting back for the outlet pass

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
When you attempt to block shots your rebounding suffers. Always has. Akok had a terrible game, move on.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I remember thinking this in the 90's to. Pretty much up until we had Emeka + Boone. Voshkul was pretty good about boxing out though.

Reaction Score
Loved Voskul, valuable component and somewhat forgotten but w/o him win don't have a championship and those Big East titles.

Reaction Score
absolutely agree

Reaction Score
I said in another thread about someone criticizing Adama’s rebounding that I’m less worried about the count & more about how he rebounds in his space.

We to this point rebound by “out athleting” other teams. Nothing fundamental about it

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom