Reason to applaud Randy - from a voice of experience/reason | The Boneyard

Reason to applaud Randy - from a voice of experience/reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The way Randy left could not have been uglier. IMO he is not the only one who bears responsibility (Hathaway overplayed his hand, for starters). But that's the way it is in the business of big-time football. Would love for the people who are going to boo Randy to read a little bit about the mercenary aspect of that profession (Saban at LSU & Alabama, Pitino at Kentucky then Louisville, Petrino secret interview with Auburn, etc. etc.)

And they should read the below, quoting a person who first-hand got the full dose of the ugly side of Joe Paterno. RE has plenty of warts but people should be at least a little more appreciative of what he did here. Hope his record is 39-13 at Rent after tonight.

http://www.courant.com/sports/college/hc-triponey-edsall-0914-20130913,0,2670820.story

Reaction Score
Did he not ask/make Toddman address all of his teammates after the game and tell them he was leaving for the draft?

Randy did wonderful things for the program but he did not practice what he preached. Will I boo him? Likely not, but not will I applaud. We Play Maryland today and I expect to win, Weil maybe.

Reaction Score
Agreed he did many great things at UCONN.
For me I will always remember him for his "Bob Ursay" exit.

Lets face it he moved at the right time-the team in is in a downtrend both on the field and conference wise. And he got a a big payday from his "Dream Job".

That being said would love to see us beat the Twerps soundly.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And he got a a big payday from his "Dream Job".

Are you sure? He pretty much got the same money he was getting here. Edsall said he would be at UConn for "as long as (they) will have me". Then he leaves like a thief in the night. Our biggest game and we had a distracted Maryland man in charge. Ef him.

Reaction Score
Ruskin - You really hope RE is 40 - 12 ? For those of you not keeping track, RE has 39 wins and the OP wants him to get #40 tonight. I don't normallybflame but we just don't need fans like Ruskin.

Reaction Score
Are you sure? He pretty much got the same money he was getting here. Edsall said he would be at UConn for "as long as (they) will have me". Then he leaves like a thief in the night. Our biggest game and we had a distracted Maryland man in charge. Ef him.

You are correct .

he is getting 2 million per plus a $400,000 Under Armour contract(2.4 total). He is the 5th highest paid coach in the ACC for football.

At UCONN he got 1.5 million per

I thought he signed with Maryland for more than that.

Reaction Score
I'm going to boo him into the ground.

Booooo BOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If that means I have little experience or reason so be it.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I still like RE. Not sad he left. The way he did it was uncaring and boorish. But you should never judge a person by their best or worst moments. I don't want to be judged by my worst conduct, I can tell you that. I'm always for MD when they are not playing Uconn.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
I'm going to boo him into the ground.

Booooo BOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If that means I have little experience or reason so be it.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

bad day to have the flu...

maybe my fever is getting a bit more intense but all I could think of was Carol Kane from The Princess Bride...

Reaction Score
Ruskin - You really hope RE is 40 - 12 ? For those of you not keeping track, RE has 39 wins and the OP wants him to get #40 tonight. I don't normallybflame but we just don't need fans like Ruskin.

Further proof some people were more fans of Edsall than UConn football. Talk about perspective being out of whack.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It's threads like this that cause doubts about the BCS-ness of our fanbase. There is no reason to cheer Edsall. I liked him, wish he didn't leave, thought these last two years would have been really good if he stayed. But, let's be serious. He won one conference title, tied for another and underachieved in a number of areas. He doesn't deserve a statue out front.

The only reason that he isn't going to be boo'd, Karmanos-style is that he looks great by comparison to the current coach. Should we also cheer the parking lot attendants? DJ Joey? Because they haven't damaged the program as much as P.

Boo Edsall mercilessly, boo MD, cheer for our guys today, cheer for P. Hope upon hope that as Edsall is heading home with a loss, he takes P with him. Then you can cheer your merry little heads off.

Reaction Score
Further proof some people were more fans of Edsall than UConn football. Talk about perspective being out of whack.

I am one of the biggest Edsall fans on this board. Anyone who hopes he wins today is no fan of UCONN football. Unreal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score

O & Ox -- Mea culpa -- math error - Hope RE drops to 39-13 when he leaves East Hartford. Hope PP improves to 8-7 at Rent. OP ameded.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I hope DJ Joey plays this song when RE jogs out on the field -

Reaction Score
I have no strong feelings. He was a decent coach. I didn't like the way he constantly blamed players for his failings. He didn't show much class. Glad he's gone.

Reaction Score
Coaches leave jobs. Fans boo them when they come back.

This is not a big deal.

The people who didn't like Edsall aren't going to change their minds - in case you haven't noticed they have just entrenched themselves further.

Thanks BusineessWhaler. Anyone recall the time Edsall played Marvin Taylor against Wake Forest knowing he had committed wire fraud. Nobody is perfect, but let the tributes roll in by all means.

Reaction Score
I have no strong feelings. He was a decent coach. I didn't like the way he constantly blamed players for his failings. He didn't show much class. Glad he's gone.

He was a bit better than mediocre for sure, better than what we have now.

Reaction Score
He was a bit better than mediocre for sure, better than what we have now.

Sadly, the truth. MAC and FCS losses at home did not happen under Edsall. Still a D-ick though.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Thanks BusineessWhaler. Anyone recall the time Edsall played Marvin Taylor against Wake Forest knowing he had committed wire fraud. Nobody is perfect, but let the tributes roll in by all means.

There is no tribute in my post. Just pointing out those who don't like them aren't changing their minds.

Reaction Score
There is no tribute in my post. Just pointing out those who don't like them aren't changing their minds.

Pretty much. Sorry to diss your hero, but this thread needed another dose of reality.

Reaction Score
Sadly, the truth. MAC and FCS losses at home did not happen under Edsall. Still a D-ick though.

He was only a dick sometimes though. He is an amazing assessor of talent. He got UConn up to a certain level very quickly, but would irritated me the most was how he just seemed content to stay at that level and seemed to do incredibly little to get better.

I know Hathaway was no help in paying Assistants, but I really think Edsall was into being a status quo guy and not trying or believing that we could be even better.

Reaction Score
I agree. And he said things publicly that were infuriating like "UConn fans have no right to have expectations because we have no history". I'm paraphrasing, but that speaks clearly to what you posted. Bottom line, the guy he replaced got fired for producing exactly the type of season at UMD which Edsall showed was his ceiling. At UConn he was outstanding, anywhere else he is your run of the mill coach that gets run out of town because the goal has to be more than going 7-5, or 8-4. Think Tom O'brien who was let go at NC State.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom