Really nice gesture by Jamelle | The Boneyard

Really nice gesture by Jamelle

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Don't know if anyone noticed but in the handshake line she made a point of hugging each of the UConn players. Classy!!

biggest hug was for Stef

:)

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Yeah, I noticed and esp. the hug for Stef! It was so great. This must have been hard for her, as they had lost a key player and weren't as good as the last outing.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
She even hugged two uconn players at once. That's the uconn effort Geno taught her.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Jamelle had a lot of practice hugging...from all those bear hugs she had to put on Geno to prevent him from going after the zebras...:)

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Don't know if anyone noticed but in the handshake line she made a point of hugging each of the UConn players. Classy!!
Except Tierney, but that wasn't deliberate it was just that Tierney wasn't expecting it and the moment passed. But I did notice the special hug for Stef.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Except Tierney, but that wasn't deliberate it was just that Tierney wasn't expecting it and the moment passed. But I did notice the special hug for Stef.
You must mean Pulido. Jamelle made a quick pat on her back as Briana blew bye but did hug TLaw.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
was she involved in the recruiting of any of them for UConn... maybe Dolson and Hartley?

HGN

Reaction Score
was she involved in the recruiting of any of them for UConn... maybe Dolson and Hartley?
Good point....And she obviously has a special love and respect for Geno and UConn.

Reaction Score
She misses UCONN and I would not be surprised to see her back on the UCONN bench.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
She recruited Bria. Stef, KML, and I assume Stokes so Yes. And once you start hugging, well it is hard to stop. Watched the presser posted on the Cinci site and it was funny because about 2/3 of it was devoted to analyzing Uconn. She was obviously a little distraught as well after the game and frustrated because she was down two point guards and had to rely on a freshman to run the team against Uconn.
Absolutely think she misses the on court success at Uconn - loves what she is doing, but finds the process at Cinci harder and more frustrating than she expected - on her third or fourth AD, injuries, and tough recruiting.
I was a little surprised at how much trapping and pressure defense was being played by Uconn throughout the game - but understand this is the beginning of the push to March and that means getting the defense fixed.

Reaction Score
She misses UCONN and I would not be surprised to see her back on the UCONN bench.

Interesting statement. I do feel back for her and am wondering if her job at Cinn isn't a bit slippy. Afterall, recruitment is the key here and she cannot win without stringing a set of classes together. I'm xing my fingers for her but she might need a lot more if Ohio State succeeds in locking them out of the Ohio region. Contra to you however, I do not see her back on the Uconn bench. That would not help her career, she wouldn't be heir apparent (however loved) and it would only be fair to have her behind the other assistants. She needs some answers fast.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
At least her really nice gesture wasn't flipping the bird...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom