Realistic crowd split for Saturday? | The Boneyard

Realistic crowd split for Saturday?

Reaction Score
It sounds like the Illini fans travelled well. Will the crowd be 50/50 60/40 UConn etc

Reaction Score
First off I think UConn fans outnumbered Illinois fans by at least 2-1 tonight. There were way more Illinois fans than either SDSU or ISU but I have to imagine if you're an Illinois fan who is going on Saturday then you were already in the building tonight. UConn fans can easily drive to Boston for a 6:00 game on Saturday. So I'm expecting more UConn fans on Saturday than were already there tonight. So I'll say at least 75% UConn fans on Saturday.

Reaction Score
Ticket prices are still crazy - was hoping Illinois would lose because it looked like they had a lot of fans. Wanted to make the trip up from DC but don’t think it’s going to happen

Reaction Score
Was in the building tonight. Think we’re getting spoiled with these blow outs. Probably 4x as many UConn fans but Illinois fans were way louder than us all night. Hope we’re rowdy Saturday but honestly it’ll be a neutral court. Typical New England fans.
I concur. I was at the games, too. There were more UConn fans but the decibel level of the Illinois fans was much higher. They were a loud a frisky and confident bunch in the concourse after defeating Iowa St. We Husky fans need to show out Saturday and be loud as hell and drown out the Illinois fans.

Reaction Score
We need the Gampel crowd to be there and make some noise, not the corporate types who can afford these tickets. UConn will need the crowd support on Saturday as it will be a high octane game.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Nonsense, I'm much closer to that "corporate crowd" than I am the students. Nobody can teach us or show us anything

UConn has a great road showing, because of "us", the people that can afford the seats.

And I love students being there, we're all on the same team. But thinking we don't bring it is rather silly.

Reaction Score
I concur. I was at the games, too. There were more UConn fans but the decibel level of the Illinois fans was much higher. They were a loud a frisky and confident bunch in the concourse after defeating Iowa St. We Husky fans need to show out Saturday and be loud as hell and drown out the Illinois fans.
I said this in another post. The Illinois sections were on the opposite side of the court from the UConn sections so the Illinois cheering was projected right at us making it seem much louder than the UConn cheering. And, the Illinois game was much closer than the UConn game so they had a lot more to cheer for.

Reaction Score
Was in the building tonight. Think we’re getting spoiled with these blow outs. Probably 4x as many UConn fans but Illinois fans were way louder than us all night. Hope we’re rowdy Saturday but honestly it’ll be a neutral court. Typical New England fans.
I don't think it has anything to do with UConn fans not being loud. When you're winning by 30 there's nothing to get excited for. Maybe it sounded different in the building, but on TV the entire 1st half when it was close sounded like a home game

Reaction Score
I don't think it has anything to do with UConn fans not being loud. When you're winning by 30 there's nothing to get excited for. Maybe it sounded different in the building, but on TV the entire 1st half when it was close sounded like a home game
Agreed. I was there, we brought it big time.

Reaction Score
I said this in another post. The Illinois sections were on the opposite side of the court from the UConn sections so the Illinois cheering was projected right at us making it seem much louder than the UConn cheering. And, the Illinois game was much closer than the UConn game so they had a lot more to cheer for.
I was in a different part of the stadium and Illinois fans sounded much louder over there too fwiw

Reaction Score
Ticket prices are still crazy - was hoping Illinois would lose because it looked like they had a lot of fans. Wanted to make the trip up from DC but don’t think it’s going to happen

$250 each isn't outrageous.

Reaction Score
First off I think UConn fans outnumbered Illinois fans by at least 2-1 tonight. There were way more Illinois fans than either SDSU or ISU but I have to imagine if you're an Illinois fan who is going on Saturday then you were already in the building tonight. UConn fans can easily drive to Boston for a 6:00 game on Saturday. So I'm expecting more UConn fans on Saturday than were already there tonight. So I'll say at least 75% UConn fans on Saturday.
10000000% agree. 80% to 20%

Reaction Score
$250 each isn't outrageous.
After fees it’s $300 for uppers. I’d pay $300 for lowers. Paid $115 for lowers at MSG Elite 8 in 2014. Inflation on ticket and event prices has gotten way out of hand

Reaction Score
It will be probably 2/3 UConn. 80/20 is aggressive. IL has an enormous alumni base that travels and is spread all around the country.

Reaction Score
When you are expected to win and not really being challenged - it is hard to get the hype.

With the final 4 at stake and an opponent that should challenge us - I imagine the UCONN crowd will be much louder.

I know that SDSU is a good team, but we beat them worse than we beat New Hampshire. And as much as we don't want to admit it - because we are so good, there is a little bit of angst going on - when we win a game, it is more "relief" than excitement.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
My daughter comented a couple of times about how loud the UConn croud sounded on TV. Seemed to represent pretty well to me.

Reaction Score
Hopefully a good split. Much easier for UConn fans to buy some last minute tickets being dumped by the other fan bases than Illinois fans (if they didn’t already travel).

Reaction Score
Hopefully a good split. Much easier for UConn fans to buy some last minute tickets being dumped by the other fan bases than Illinois fans (if they didn’t already travel).
This is my hope -- that those ISU and SDSU fans who are getting out of Dodge early are selling their tickets, which are more easily scooped up by UConn fans who can make the 90 minute drive than by Illinois (or neutral but now pro-Illinois) fans.

Reaction Score
This is my hope -- that those ISU and SDSU fans who are getting out of Dodge early are selling their tickets, which are more easily scooped up by UConn fans who can make the 90 minute drive than by Illinois (or neutral but now pro-Illinois) fans.
Haven’t seen the market move yet - expected it to

Reaction Score
Hope for beautiful weather tomorrow evening. Iowa and San Diego people will be more inclined to get a little extra cash to spend on cannolis in the north end while they walk the Freedom Trail

Reaction Score
Illinois fans were plentiful, boisterous and dare I say annoying last night. We need to represent tomorrow. TD Garden was a sea of orange for the second game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom