Reacher Season 2 Premieres on Dec 15 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Reacher Season 2 Premieres on Dec 15

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
A parallel between the two Reacher movies and now the series.

Movie 1 / Season 1- Ex-military cop gets involved with local authorities busting up an evil corporation running roughshod over locals.

Movie 2 / Season 2- Reacher has to take down a defense contractor illegally moving arms through the world.

I prefer the movie 1 / season 1 model where Reacher uses his military police background to stumble across problems throughout the US rather than big military contractor corruption schemes needing foiled.
Yeah. At the end of season 2 I was thinking, if you have connections at Homeland, call them and have them take these people down. What they did was idiotic.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
You guys are SERIOUSLY de-motivating me to continue watching. I'm thru ep. 5 or 6, not really enjoying it that much, maybe I should just bow out.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You guys are SERIOUSLY de-motivating me to continue watching. I'm thru ep. 5 or 6, not really enjoying it that much, maybe I should just bow out.

Nah. Power through to see the story lines play themselves out. Just make sure your expectations are reasonable.

Reaction Score
For those interested in Season 3, it will be based on the seventh Reacher book, Persuader.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Okay, I finished it. Fairly meh. The scene of Reacher holding a hospital gurney with a person on board, by one hand, hanging out the back of an airborne helicopter, while repeatedly getting kicked in the ribs, was just too much for me.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I'll post this here just to stir things up. I recently watched the first Tom Cruise Reacher movie. Despite the size issue, he's a better Reacher than Richman. Especially season 2 Richman. He's just a better actor and it was a solid movie. There's only one real issue which is the intimidation factor. Where Cruise warns off guys, they laugh him off, that wouldn't really happen with a Richman sized Reacher.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It's entertaining but it suffers from "5 men and women are surrounded by 20 hostiles and all 20 hostiles are killed and the heroes all walk out with barely a scratch" energy. I mean that happens in most movies & shows but it's particularly silly here.

Also, the scene where Herc is driving the kid makes no sense. Drive to a police station. Do literally anything but drive under empty underpasses.

But Ritchson is great. I haven't read the books but I read a bunch of reviews of the Tom Cruise movie and they made me appreciate why Cruise is so wrong and Ritchson is so right.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Yeah, probably. I just finished the season and was a bit disappointed. They made him a robot. I didn't read the books, but he essentially just started killing people who didn't need to be killed. I get that he's angry about his friends being killed, but that didn't come though, just a coldness. Like a sociopath.

They also really jumped the shark in terms of what he'd be able to get away with without having the authorities come down really hard. There's just no chance. Season 1 was more subtle and I think his connections felt more genuine.

Oh I think he's just got a strong sense of justice. A sociopath doesn't care about others. He does. He cares enough to kill in cold blood anybody who hurts the people he cares about.

On the second point, not only did they let him kill all those people, but they let him keep the money!!!

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Oh I think he's just got a strong sense of justice. A sociopath doesn't care about others. He does. He cares enough to kill in cold blood anybody who hurts the people he cares about.

On the second point, not only did they let him kill all those people, but they let him keep the money!!!
I'm going to watch the 2nd Cruise movie tonight when my wife takes our daughter back to college (with a LOT of laundry).

I just think in season 2 he killed anybody even tangentially related to the death of his friends. People who weren't really guilty of anything. Reckless disregard for the life of anybody but his friends. I get he was angry, but he wasn't like that in season 1.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'm going to watch the 2nd Cruise movie tonight when my wife takes our daughter back to college (with a LOT of laundry).

I just think in season 2 he killed anybody even tangentially related to the death of his friends. People who weren't really guilty of anything. Reckless disregard for the life of anybody but his friends. I get he was angry, but he wasn't like that in season 1.

I saw the Cruise movies and I liked them but they're just kinda standard action movies.

The whole point of Reacher is that he's an absolute unit. So I'm glad to see a guy embody the character.

Yes, there's a lot of reckless disregard. He has no compunction about torture, either.

Reaction Score
A parallel between the two Reacher movies and now the series.

Movie 1 / Season 1- Ex-military cop gets involved with local authorities busting up an evil corporation running roughshod over locals.

Movie 2 / Season 2- Reacher has to take down a defense contractor illegally moving arms through the world.

I prefer the movie 1 / season 1 model where Reacher uses his military police background to stumble across problems throughout the US rather than big military contractor corruption schemes needing foiled.

Don't you work for a defense contractor?:)

I stopped watching season 2. I felt it was dumb. Season 1 was better and I agree with your take.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom