RB Zaire Williams | The Boneyard

RB Zaire Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
de-committed from west virginia and is going to Temple.

I know that wvu has like 4 rb commits, but what's the story behind this one?

Reaction Score
Likes cheesesteak...??

Zaire Williams (@zw6_) tweeted at 11:00pm - 29 Jan 13:
Yes I'm going to temple , and yes I did love WVU, still do but Temple is the best place for me and my future #TempleTuff

I read where he didn't decommitt but WVU dropped his scholly offer - ? got incomng commit from someone they want more (Mario Alford or Daryl Chestnut).

Reaction Score
Likes cheesesteak...??

Zaire Williams (@zw6_) tweeted at 11:00pm - 29 Jan 13:
Yes I'm going to temple , and yes I did love WVU, still do but Temple is the best place for me and my future #TempleTuff

I read where he didn't decommitt but WVU dropped his scholly offer - ? got incomng commit from someone they want more (Mario Alford or Daryl Chestnut).

If true, that the scholly offer was pulled, it's just more class being shown by Oliver Luck, Dana Holgorsen and WVU! What else is new?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
well, i'm willing to put $ in that academics wasn't the issue here.

Reaction Score
well, i'm willing to put $ in that academics wasn't the issue here.

It wasn't, their coach tweeted something like, "it's no loss to us". I think he was turned off because they're still targeting RB's with 3 on board, but who really knows?

Reaction Score
Jan 30 -1:12PM ET

By Jared Shanker | ESPN.com

As signing day nears and recruits get closer to the realization of leaving home to go hours away, it is not all too uncommon to see a prospect flip to a nearby program. Such is the case with Zaire Williams (Erial, N.J./Timber Creek).

The three-star running back decommitted from West Virginia in favor of local program Temple and new coach Matt Rhule late Tuesday night. “After finally giving them a hard look, he liked the offense Coach Rhule was bringing in. He felt very comfortable with the coaches,” Timber Creek coach Rob Hinson said.

Hinson credits recruiter Fran Brown for bringing Zaire in and said the NFL experience on the staff at running back, Williams’ preferred position over defensive back, was a major factor. Williams is No. 44 among running backs nationally. The fact Temple is a short drive from South Jersey was also key, Hinson said, as well as the education.

“It’s great geographically,” Hinson said. “He wants to major in communications, and the alumni network in this region is amazing.”<<

FWIW

Reaction Score
If true, that the scholly offer was pulled, it's just more class being shown by Oliver Luck, Dana Holgorsen and WVU! What else is new?

No - this is class... WVA RB Coach

Robert Gillespie (@Coachg601) tweeted at 12:31 a.m. Wed, Jan 30: Not a loss for us. Nothing but gains! #greatclass #gettingbetter #additionbysubtraction #WVU

Reaction Score
Luck = schmuck

Actually dislike them more than Duke. That says a lot.

Hooray for this.

Reaction Score

Robert Gillespie (@Coachg601) tweeted at 12:31 a.m. Wed, Jan 30: Not a loss for us. Nothing but gains! #greatclass #gettingbetter #additionbysubtraction #WVU

Fire that man. What a !

Reaction Score

You're right HM....didn't realize that a coach would actually go on record, voluntarily, as saying something like that! What a loser the WVU RB Coach is!

Reaction Score
Isn't that an NCAA violation to even make a veiled reference to a specific kid like that before Signing Day?

Reaction Score
Geez guys, it was in poor taste to make a comment like that but fire the guy? That's a tad on the petty side but I shouldn't expect less from the land of litigation.

Reaction Score
Geez guys, it was in poor taste to make a comment like that but fire the guy? That's a tad on the petty side but I shouldn't expect less from the land of litigation.

How do you think other student athletes would perceive comments such as the ones posted above? I certainly wouldn't want to play for someone knowing they can quickly turn their back on a young kid whom they very well may have personally recruited. IMO his comments are even worse than an upset fan bad mouthing an athlete for picking another school over theirs. Just unacceptable IMO.

Reaction Score
Isn't that an NCAA violation to even make a veiled reference to a specific kid like that before Signing Day?
He didn't mention the kid by name everybody knows who it but its not a violation. It's like the coaches that have specific tweets when a kid commits. Everybody knows who he's talking about but he doesn't specifically say who it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom