Ray rumor | The Boneyard

Ray rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They have next to no money to spend, and I would think they'd spend their extra cash on either a point guard or a quality big. Don't see this one happening.

(Plus, I would have to stop being a Ray Allen fan if he went there...)

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I still think he comes back to Boston at a lower cap cost with Garnett. That is what I would do since there are no big time free agents out there this year

Reaction Score
I still think he comes back to Boston at a lower cap cost with Garnett. That is what I would do since there are no big time free agents out there this year
No chance. Too many people close to the Celtics (Jackie MacMullan, Cedric Maxwell, Sean Grande, etc.) have said he's 100% gone.

I think it makes sense for both sides, but apparently Ray is unhappy about not starting and being the subject of trade rumors for three straight years. He know he only has 1-2 really good years left, so he probably wants to go to a more legitimate contender where he'll have a better chance to start, and where he knows he won't be traded.

Personally I wanted to see the Celts bring everyone back, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards.

Reaction Score
miami might like the idea of going after him, and he might like the idea of playing for them, but it will be a terrible match if miami keeps using the same offensive system. spoelstra has done a fantastic job of getting the heat to buy into the importance of defense. however, the offense is a complete disaster. they rarely even run sets! their sheer talent sometimes bails them out and makes their offense look okay, but if this team had a good offense, they would be planning their second parade in as many years sometime in the next week or two. ray allen relies on offensive sets. he is not a scorer, he is a shooter. shooters need screens set for them and plays run for them. i am a complete believer in defense winning championships, but that doesn't mean your offense can be horrendous. once the heat lose in the finals, they should keep their personnel in tact but find themselves a new head coach.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Knicks are the better and more likely possibility

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Knicks unfortunately can't afford him, especially if we lose the Bird Rights case. It would be nice for Jesus Shuttlesworth to return to NYC and play in front of Spike but we just can't afford him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I wish ray would come back to the celts but i feel as though he will end up going to the clips. Contending team that can throw money at him and give him a starting spot. I wouldnt mind him ending up with the griz though. Assuming all the trade rumors about Rudy on the trade block go away. Apparantly a report came out he is unhappy in Memphis. Problem is, the only teams that can get him are the pretty much the bobcats or raptors. Don't think he's going to want to go there at all. If Memphis can stay healthy and build some chemistry, they definately can go far.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I wouldn't mind him going to either the Clippers or Memphis - both are great fits, both are WC teams, and both already have another UConn player on their rosters.

It's too bad Chicago threw money at a washed up Rip last offseason because Ray would've been a perfect fit there.

Reaction Score
There is always a way to make the money work out and Riley is really good at that part of the game. You have to believe Allen would be looking for a team that is in the hunt, so that obviously rules out the train wreck up in New York. Chicago would be a good fit I think, if they could figure the money out.

Reaction Score
there is a chance that Mike Miller is done after this season due to his injuries... that's where a lot of the Ray rumors are coming from.

i love Ray and think he could make it work since he'd get a ton of open looks but i don't see Miami as ideal, he's at his best when he's running constantly and coming off screens... Miami does little of that unfortunately and is much more isolation pick/roll pick/pop oriented.

Reaction Score
I will be surprised if Miller is down here next year. Dont get caught up in all the stuff about screens, etc., they would find a way to get Allen shots. They find a way to get them for Battier so I am sure they could find them for Allen.

caw

Reaction Score
I don't think Miami can afford Ray.

They owe James+Bosh+Wade 52 million next year.

They also owe Miller 5.8 (he is signed through 2014-2015, lol)
They owe Chalmers 4.
They owe Haslem 4.
They owe Anthony 3.8 (he is signed through 2014-2015, lol)
They owe Battier 3.1
Jones 1.5
Cole 1.1

Or a total of 23.3 + 52 = 75.3 next year.

Good luck getting Ray. For that matter the Heat better win this year, because their lineup isn't going to look much better/different in the coming years unless the owner just breaks the bank.

Meanwhile the Clips have only 58 million tied up on their team. They may want to resign Foye and Young. Not sure on Martin or Evans though.

Reaction Score
Ray would be a perfect in South Beach or NYC.. Personally I hope Philly ( being a Sixers fan )... Seriously though NYC over South Beach

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
There is always a way to make the money work out and Riley is really good at that part of the game. You have to believe Allen would be looking for a team that is in the hunt, so that obviously rules out the train wreck up in New York. Chicago would be a good fit I think, if they could figure the money out.

3 games away of winning the division last season and ended the season on an 18-6 record after the coaching change. Know what you're talking about before you write nonsense.

Reaction Score
as was noted in earlier posts... not many people believe that Miller will be on the team next season due to his injuries. he actually said something along the lines of 'i hope they get me this ring now, cause this could be my last go' just the other day.

Reaction Score
3 games away of winning the division last season and ended the season on an 18-6 record after the coaching change. Know what you're talking about before you write nonsense.

as long as Melo is in NY, they'll be a trainwreck. unless there is some miraculous epiphany and he realizes he can't be a high usage/low efficiency guy if his team wants to actually win games. there is a big disconnect that people have between talent and production. Melo is one of the most talented players and at his peak level is one of the best, but he rarely plays at that level. the vast majority of time, he plays very inefficiently and he hurts his team as much as he helps them. He needs to change his game if they are going to win... if not they'll never win consecutive 7 game series against good teams cause he'll always win one game by himself when he plays great and then lose 2 games when he plays poorly on his own.

Reaction Score
I don't see Miami because the style and make up of the team does not play into Rays style. I think he should stay. Without the injuries these guys were right there. Perhaps pick up a little help and give it another year. If not Philly is interesting.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
as long as Melo is in NY, they'll be a trainwreck. unless there is some miraculous epiphany and he realizes he can't be a high usage/low efficiency guy if his team wants to actually win games. there is a big disconnect that people have between talent and production. Melo is one of the most talented players and at his peak level is one of the best, but he rarely plays at that level. the vast majority of time, he plays very inefficiently and he hurts his team as much as he helps them. He needs to change his game if they are going to win... if not they'll never win consecutive 7 game series against good teams cause he'll always win one game by himself when he plays great and then lose 2 games when he plays poorly on his own.

He needs help, the past two playoff he's had to shoulder the load with no other player being a consistent second or third option. I personally would rather the ball in Melo's hand over Jared Jeffries, Tyson Chandler, Landry Fields or any of the players that can't score. STAT, Lin and Shump are good options but injuries caught up to the team, not to mention no one moves without the ball unless there is a play being run for them.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Ray Ray, please don't go

but if you must, please don't even think about signing with the Heat

I'm begging here

caw

Reaction Score
as was noted in earlier posts... not many people believe that Miller will be on the team next season due to his injuries. he actually said something along the lines of 'i hope they get me this ring now, cause this could be my last go' just the other day.

Even if Miller retires due to injury, they have a ton on the books with more need of a Big than a guard.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
They need a big to protect the rim. I read a few weeks ago that Greg Oden wants to play there next year and is planning on getting the same surgery this summer that Kobe got last year. If Oden is healthy and plays to his potential, I don't know who's beating the Heat next year.

Reaction Score
Ray to Heat rumor is definitionally just a rumor right now. It is literally based on Ray shaking hands and smiling at the end of that series which is what Ray Allen does. Heat are kind of busy at the moment I think.

Reaction Score
Correct my if I'm wrong, but don't you only have to match salaries if you're over the cap? So long as Okafor's contract doesn't put the Celtics over (NO might have to send cash, too), I think they can acquire him without matching salaries.

I don't see the Celtics doing this anyway (nor should they), so this is likely a moot point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom