Rat Pops His Head out of Hole, Declares Five More Years of Winter | The Boneyard

Rat Pops His Head out of Hole, Declares Five More Years of Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Coach K came out and said he plans to stick around for five more years at Duke. Yay! Five more years of whining.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
This is extremely good news for UConn. The last thing we want at Duke is a coach who can beat us.

Truth right there.

In all seriousness I have said the same about Syracuse before. If they had a real coach who knew how to coach in games and prepare his team for tournaments, they would have at least 3 NC's already and be a top contender for one EVERY year. The school has the exposure, the resources, the facilities, the history just everything you need to be a perennial NC contender. As a Uconn fan and hater of all things Syracuse I DONT WANT BOEHEIM TO EVER RETIRE. We have an almost 40 year sample size of what Boeheim does to a team, his gaudy numbers are all about longevity and scheduling. There is no coach in history who has done less with more over their tenure.
5 FF and 1 NC in almost 40 years. We have 4 Final fours and 3 NC's in 12 years.

If Boeheim ever does retire I pray to god that he picks his own successor. Do not let Syracuse go out and attract a top notch coach, because they could do that and win. We need someone trained by Boeheim in the ways of choking. Hopkins should fit that bill nicely.

You may think, Im joking, but I'm not. Boeheim is the worst big time college coach of all time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was gonna make a separate thread about this but didn't wanna mess with the mojo with a big game coming up tomorrow, but is Billy Donovan the best coach no one ever talks about?

The guy has a real shot to win his third national championship before he turns 49 years old this year. Coach K didn't win his third until he was 54. Calhoun didn't win his third until he was 68. Boeheim won't ever get his second, let alone his third.

Florida has won the SEC 3 out of the last 4 years, not Kentucky. They've also been to the elite 8 the last 3 tournaments. Yet all you really hear about coaching-wise from the SEC is Calipari's next amazing recruiting class.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I was gonna make a separate thread about this but didn't wanna mess with the mojo with a big game coming up tomorrow, but is Billy Donovan the best coach no one ever talks about?

The guy has a real shot to win his third national championship before he turns 49 years old this year. Coach K didn't win his third until he was 54. Calhoun didn't win his third until he was 68. Boeheim won't ever get his second, let alone his third.

Florida has won the SEC 3 out of the last 4 years, not Kentucky. They've also been to the elite 8 the last 3 tournaments. Yet all you really hear about coaching-wise from the SEC is Calipari's next amazing recruiting class.
Don't think it's bad mojo. Donovan is a fantastic coach. Izzo gets all the props (and hes a great one too), but if you offered me a choice between the two, Im taking Donovan.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Drive for show, put for doe. Donovan is a grower not a shower. And any other appropriate cliches you might want to come up with.

Guy teaches basketball. Calipari, while a better coach than most here give credit to, rents players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom