Rapid Recap: UConn handles SDSU, again | The Boneyard

Rapid Recap: UConn handles SDSU, again

temery

What?
Reaction Score
BOSTON — For the third time in three NCAA Tournament games, the UConn Huskies took care of business in a big way. The only difference this time was the quality of the opponent.

San Diego State is no slouch, it’s a top-25 caliber team with an elite defense. Despite seeing the first half go the Aztecs way in a lot of key areas, the Huskies were up nine at the halftime break on their way to a 30-point victory.

My key take away - SD lead for 28 seconds.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I think my favorite part of the game (aside from the 30 point win) was after Roumoglou hit the three, he did a little bit of a celebration and then got subbed for. The smile on Danny’s face and him saying “You….G T F O!” was gold. He has such a great relationship with his players.

Even my bro-in-law who is a huge curmudgeon texted me that Hurley seems like a likeable guy.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Instead of a new thread, I'll add this Athletic Article here. It features maybe my favorite Hurley Quote yet:

The Huskies have done away with the old-fashioned practice of merely winning games. They’ve been going the wrecking-ball route lately, winning games by 39 (over Stetson), 17 (Northwestern) and San Diego State (30).

What, you ask, is going on here? Easy: “We suck at winning close games,” UConn coach Dan Hurley explained. “So you have to go with the alternative.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom