Ranking today? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ranking today?

Reaction Score
Slightly disappointing... clearly a lot of bias against us/the Big East, no other explanation. KenPom 4, Net 6, BPI 5, T-Rank 5 + the eye test and current streak is impressive. It doesn't matter though...looking like we'll be a 4 seed assuming the committee continues to lean on the AP Rankings (and likely will not consider the BET and at this point, given the clear bias I doubt even if we win it changes anything). Hopefully ammo for the team. And honestly, would rather be a 4 if it means we're in the East vs a 3 somewhere else. Lets go!!

Reaction Score
I'm sorry the fact that so many of these AP writers have us 14 and lower is ridiculous. Every metric has us top 10. We have dominated the last month and then some. Judging us by the St Johns loss still is absurd. Its just 1 spot but you can't look at us and think this team doesn't belong in the top 13 yet 14 voters did.
I'll go further.....any AP voter that has UConn lower than #12 is not paying attention.

Overall #11 is fine (personally I think #9) but would easily be top 10 if some voters had a clue.

Reaction Score
Slightly disappointing... clearly a lot of bias against us/the Big East, no other explanation. KenPom 4, Net 6, BPI 5, T-Rank 5 + the eye test and current streak is impressive. It doesn't matter though...looking like we'll be a 4 seed assuming the committee continues to lean on the AP Rankings (and likely will not consider the BET and at this point, given the clear bias I doubt even if we win it changes anything). Hopefully ammo for the team. And honestly, would rather be a 4 if it means we're in the East vs a 3 somewhere else. Lets go!!
#11 would be a 3 seed.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry the fact that so many of these AP writers have us 14 and lower is ridiculous. Every metric has us top 10. We have dominated the last month and then some. Judging us by the St Johns loss still is absurd. Its just 1 spot but you can't look at us and think this team doesn't belong in the top 13 yet 14 voters did.
It's really quite surprising isn't it?

Reaction Score
I'll say it for the millionth time.......that's why these polls, that so many of you get all bothered about, are 100% completely meaningless.

Reaction Score
I think a lot of voters and those predicting seedings are hung up on our standing and seeding in the BE. They see us as a #4 in our conference, don’t look any deeper, and say to themselves, “How can I give a 2/3 seed in the NCAAT (or a top 10 vote) to a team finishing 4th in their conference.” Add a little non-P5 bias, and there you have it.

Reaction Score
1678141023164.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom