Ranking the Top Defensive Stoppers in College Basketball in 2015-16 | The Boneyard

Ranking the Top Defensive Stoppers in College Basketball in 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Awesome article. My question is haven't posters talked about Markus Kennedy not being a strong defender? Was very surprised to see him come in at #6 on the list...

Reaction Score
Having a smarter, better defender along his side will also help keep Amida out of foul trouble I believe. There won't be as many free interior players roaming free off the ball and getting by Miller as a defender therefore making AB make a decision which usually doesn't always end good.

Reaction Score
Awesome article. My question is haven't posters talked about Markus Kennedy not being a strong defender? Was very surprised to see him come in at #6 on the list...

I don't know who said that, but Kennedy has had sub-90 DRtgs each of the last two seasons (87.6 last year). By the numbers, he's a superb defender.

Reaction Score
This is crazy, I knew Miller was supposed to be a complete player but I didn't know he's considered a standout defender. Liking our chances even better next season since our frontcourt is lead by 2 touted defenders, then we have Daniel Hamilton, and then we have the backcourt medley that should give us a lot of Sportscenter top plays.

Let them all continue to sleep on us, see you in March, National media!!

Reaction Score
Its pretty funny actually how the ESPN/CBS ect... contingency usually gets a pass on credibility when looking at the national landscape in college basketball due to name recognition. My Team Stream BR App is still one of my top 3 hoops apps when it comes to team specific (My Teams) info. Occasionally you get a young writer on BR that is very good. JMHO...now shoot me! :eek:

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
This article is terrible. Everyone knows Skal Labissierre is the #1 defensive player in college basketball this upcoming season, just look at his stats (he has 5 of those stars)! -ESPN analysts

Reaction Score
Skal is not just the best defensive player but he is tied for best overall player ever with Murray. I mean c'mon if Cal doesn't win it this year he never will.

:eek: that rings familiar huh?

Reaction Score
We will manage to turn anything into a Cal/Kentucky thread.

What the fk is your problem with this thread? It's all in fun and nothing else. I actually hate these replies if people don't like something or just want to be blah then please keep that to yourself or find a way to laugh a little . WTF

Reaction Score
What the fk is your problem with this thread? It's all in fun and nothing else. I actually hate these replies if people don't like something or just want to be blah then please keep that to yourself or find a way to laugh a little . WTF
It's just there's no reason to always bring him and UK up when they aren't really related. We all share the same dislike for them, but it just pops up too much

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Well I wouldn't be mad if we had the best defensive front court in the country, but I think we're getting a bit too much credit here.

Reaction Score
I have a theory that some of these Cal lovers secretly wish UConn could (or would) run its program just like Cal.

I have another theory that some of these Cal lovers respect him for so blatantly showing the utter corruption of the exploitative system of NCAA athletics.

(The second one is a much better reason than the first.)

Also, we do talk about it a lot, which can be tiresome. That's probably the main reason.

But Mau--I appreciate your UK/Cal jokes!
PLEASE expound your reasoning behind your two theories

Reaction Score
I love that Miller seems like the kind of athlete who could guard anyone from the 2-4 position. Maybe even a 5 if he's not that big. That gives you a lot of flexibility to have him potentially guard the best offensive player from the opposition. That's key in my opinion.

Reaction Score
It's just there's no reason to always bring him and UK up when they aren't really related. We all share the same dislike for them, but it just pops up too much

Well they aren't related but who gives a rats a** if someone interjects something off topic yet related in some profound way? I mean does anyone here ever stray from their itinerary during their daily chores and plans? If you don't you need to get a life.

Smoke a joint, grab a few beers, laugh a little. ;)

By the way Cardiac not directed at you this is very generic. Sorry

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I love that Miller seems like the kind of athlete who could guard anyone from the 2-4 position. Maybe even a 5 if he's not that big. That gives you a lot of flexibility to have him potentially guard the best offensive player from the opposition. That's key in my opinion.

Hopefully we all get to see the Sabonis vs Miller match up in the Battle 4 Atlantis. Arguably what should be the best low block scorer in the country next year from Gonzaga up against Shonn "Big Lanky" Miller. I seriously believe we will be witnessing the college basketball equivalent of Ali vs. Frazier III ...The Thrilla in Manilla. I think Miller will have the discipline and intellect to seriously mitigate the damages Sabonis might cause on the interior by forcing DS to go right and keeping him off the block for extended periods. As long as the refs allow both to play their games it will be an outright war and a heck of a lot of fun to watch. I hope we see it...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Pretty excited to how much different of a player miller will resemble while wearing a uconn jersey . We will know what we have @ battle 4 atlantis immediately ... Things I look forward to are : how smart he is with the ball (low turnovers while still being aggressive) , will his strength translate ? And also same goes for defensive iq ...will he still rack up deflections ? Puzzling to think he could be the most valuable player but he can be , almost a rich mans scoe . Lots of switching ability in KO's defensive scheme should make this an elite defensive team at the bare minimum no question

Reaction Score

And I did, albeit in a different way than you.

Reaction Score
And I did, albeit in a different way than you.

nah you really didn't.

I apologize for the "wtf" just sick of these. If you don't like a little change of direction better off to not read I'm thinking. But hey, it's a free world.

Reaction Score
Saw this on B/R was totally surprised to see Miller on there, let alone at #1. But its hilarious that if Miller was for some reason not listed, this same article would probably posted in thread bashing the hell out of it for putting Amida at 18 then proceed to be used as mojo for this season.

I love the boneyard lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32