Randy Edsall to retire @ end of season | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Randy Edsall to retire @ end of season

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Randy got "Erwin Rommel-ed".
My sentimental self thanks Randy for some great seasons and memories.
My grumpy old-man/vindictive side says "fork you- you should have resigned yesterday at 4pm."

Reaction Score
This is a firing. Just a slightly more respectable one because of what he once built here. Yesterday's loss was a death blow to RE 2.0's tenure.

If we had someone worth a spit on the coaching staff he would step in tomorrow.

That being said, this absolutely needed to happen. RE had some bright days here once but this program has fallen into the abyss and he's kept us stuck on the bottom. Time to move on with a new regime.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Since there is no one on the current staff worth auditioning for the job this is the best case scenario all around.

Hopefully this time we can afford to make a real hire

As it probably should. At the end of the day if they fired Randy who would take over the program? Do we really think there is anyone on the staff that could do better than him?

There is no one on the staff to take over. At least Randy can try to hold his creation together for the next guy if he is so inclined. I also suspect you will see a bunch of the old guys stopping in to say goodbye. That might be worth something to the current team.
This sums up how horrific our assistant coaches are. They are so bad that we can't even fire Edsall because we don't have anyone to take over for him. If anyone thinks DB is keeping him on for the rest of the year so he can "retire" is crazy. He's only staying until the end because our piss poor assistants aren't worthy of coaching a HS football team.....

Let's just hope he puts others players put there, specifically Steven Krajewski

Reaction Score
Your program can only get better, it can’t get any worse, losing to a bottom tier team like Holy Cross at home. Get “the right coach“ this time. A coach that will revive the program. Bring in a competent staff that can get the desired results, and bring back fans that have given up on the team, and abandoned all hope. The right coach is out there. All you have to do is find him, and bring him in. Isn’t it time that this program gets turned around?
That’s the point. It can’t fall any further.

Reaction Score
maybe some of these boosters and NFL guys that get on twitter and act dumbfounded can help make that happen.

financial support has always been one of our biggest issues. other schools have guys dropping bags to keep their programs competitive. we really don't outside of a few guys.
Get Burton on the phone

Reaction Score
It is a hot mess and this is best solution for the near term disaster.
Unfortunately, the confluence of deleterious events starting 10 years ago has caused the current UConn football situation.

The precipitating cause of the conference shake up in 2011 was a huge factor. When we were snubbed in 11 and again in 12 our goose was cooked. I have pointed out the needless bitterness created with our AG's stupidly pursued litigation. That was and has continued to be a serious impediment to our conference improvement because some of defendants never forgot or forgave.

Suffice it to say, we are stuck in limited conference of dubious quality. The future of the orphan football program is bleak. Re: Edsall - Act 1 was a decent success, although it closed on a very sour note. Act 2 has been an unmitigated disaster and the prospects for being anything other than a bump along independent program playing in $90mm stadium are nil.

Reaction Score
Far better than wasting time speculating about something that probably won’t happen tIll the end of the season. How about routing for the kids on the field!!

To me that is a given and doesn't need to be said, It also goes along with what I said about no longer throwing rocks at the program. Of course everyone is still hoping for some success this year.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Brilliant move by Edsall. It makes it harder for DB to fire him before the end of the season if he announced he is stepping down. Now we have to keep an out-of-touch dinosaur as Head Coach for the rest of the season when literally anyone else in charge would be an improvement over what has happened the first 2 games.

Reaction Score
FCS Championship Game is January 8th. Can we wait u til then? Signing day is Feb 2. Maybe we have our new HC earlier Than 1/9.

Reaction Score
Is Orlovsky applying for the job? He may want to make nice with the "shmuck" Athletic Director, David Benedict.
Idk I never thought he would be interested but honestly he sounded it

Reaction Score
It is a hot mess and this is best solution for the near term disaster.
Unfortunately, the confluence of deleterious events starting 10 years ago has caused the current UConn football situation.

The precipitating cause of the conference shake up in 2011 was a huge factor. When we were snubbed in 11 and again in 12 our goose was cooked. I have pointed out the needless bitterness created with our AG's stupidly pursued litigation. That was and has continued to be a serious impediment to our conference improvement because some of defendants never forgot or forgave.

Suffice it to say, we are stuck in limited conference of dubious quality. The future of the orphan football program is bleak. Re: Edsall - Act 1 was a decent success, although it closed on a very sour note. Act 2 has been an unmitigated disaster and the prospects for being anything other than a bump along independent program playing in $90mm stadium are nil.
No matter how many times you state that sophisticated business people blame lawyers and not their clients for litigation, it doesn't get less unrealistic.

Reaction Score
Randy Edsall is playing UConn football god. He knows he built this program from the ground up, now it’s his choice to stick around and make sure to destroy as much of it as possible. If he had any dignity he’d walk away today. This is his ego at its finest.
You are nuts. You certainly don’t know Randy or have talked to the guys who played for him during our glory days. He knows his best days are behind him and the program needs new leadership. It’s now up to Benedict to bring in the new Randy.

Reaction Score
maybe some of these boosters and NFL guys that get on twitter and act dumbfounded can help make that happen.

financial support has always been one of our biggest issues. other schools have guys dropping bags to keep their programs competitive. we really don't outside of a few guys.
These other schools also have alumni bases that would donate the last dollar in their bank account to football, even if it meant they would starve. We will never be able to match that

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Dan O is an obsessive enough FB guy to have the vision, but zero coaching/management experience. I would definitely run any potential lists by him. He and the 1.0 guys are stakeholders and the best program ambassadors we have. Dan is connected enough to help vet guys.

I'm hoping for someone who can get it done. I don't need a name nor should we as a hive be putting names out there. We have no clue and it can only get our hopes up.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
No reason in the world not to do it this way. I’m glad both for Randy and for us.

Even Randy knows you don't come back from losing to an FCS team at home, by 10, and it wasn't that close.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
is this true though? look at the staff and their resumes.

Yes. I don't care about their resumes. Edsall is a dinosaur and is killing the program by the day. The first step towards improvement would be to get grandpa out of the program, immediately.

Reaction Score
Randy Edsall is playing UConn football god. He knows he built this program from the ground up, now it’s his choice to stick around and make sure to destroy as much of it as possible. If he had any dignity he’d walk away today. This is his ego at its finest.
He may be smart enough to go with Stevie K…..!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom