Raise your hand if, before the season, you were offered 3-4 after 7 games. | The Boneyard

Raise your hand if, before the season, you were offered 3-4 after 7 games.

Reaction Score
Coming off the Diaco mess, I would have taken it.

We have seen gradual improvement on defense and we now have an active special teams as well as an offense that even TDH has no reason to complain. (But he does anyways)

The next 5 games could get ugly but I think 1-2 wins is possible and 0-5, while unlikely in my opinion, is also possible.

I think we beat Cincy and upset one of the others.

A 5-7 season is more than I could have imagined. Even 4-8, with continued progress, works for me.

Apologistas Unite!

Reaction Score

We have seen gradual improvement on defense and we now have an active special teams as well as an offense that even TDH has no reason to complain. (But he does anyways)

The next 5 games could get ugly but I think 1-2 wins is possible and 0-5, while unlikely in my opinion, is also possible.

A 5-7 season is more than I could have imagined. Even 4-8, with continued progress, works for me.

Apologistas Unite!
The ECU loss is haunting, but overall I'm happy. If we win one more I'll be very happy.

Reaction Score
I thought we were going to be better than we are. I assumed there was no way Edsall wouldn’t double Diaco’s win total, even without Noel Thomas. The offense blew away my expectations right away but the defense took too long to come together and is still weaker than I expected. Now we have the tough part of the schedule ahead.

Edit: just to clarify—I’m not disappointed. We have a great offense and that is fun and exciting. I expected to win a couple of low scoring, ugly games with Edsall controlling things and finding ways to grind out wins. What I got was a gun slinging team with no D. This was impossible to forecast and despite our record, I love where we are headed. It does not appear “backing into a BCS bowl" is our game plan with RE2.0

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hell, weve already have the same number of wins as last year. The season I feel has gradually improved and I like our chances saturday.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If we could have gotten ECU it would have been great. If we catch the handful of breaks we needed in one of SMU/UVA we’d be 5-2 right now!?

3-4 feels like where should be. We already have as many wins as last year but unfortunately the hardest part of the schedule awaits. 2 top 15 teams, an ACC team, an SEC team and a trip to a place I feel like we have probably never won?

That said, all but the Florida games are completely winnable. Also, even with as good as USF is you can pretty much throw the records away when we play them, especially when it’s 45 degrees at kick off. I think we hit the magic 6-6 somehow.

Reaction Score
6 Ws would be a remarkable turnaround. Although, wherever we end up I'd say it's already been a fruitful and encouraging turn in direction. I'm Holding out for 6 and Mizzou is a must to get there.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I like seeing the week to week improvement as much as the wins. But I won't be praying for a cold, wet day against USF. I think a bigger crowd would have a more positive effect.

Reaction Score
The season can go either way this Saturday. It is teetering on a brink. A win gives UConn a huge shot even though there is very little chance in the following two. A win and then two competitive losses to the FL teams would have the boys holding their heads high with a real shot into the final two. In that scenario I like UConn's chances. It all comes down to Saturday night.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's not the record, it's the change in program direction.

There would be ways for us to be 4-3 or 3-4 and I'd be bummed if it was the same boring no offense and bend and break defense.

We are seeing weapons develop and young guns on both O and D are getting valuable reps.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't have signed for it, but I think it's reasonable. Not disappointed.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Apologistas Unite!

Totally. How about 3-4 after 1-4?

Reaction Score
Im surprised after going to the Memphis game its great to see the fight in the team I get Temple and Tulsa aren't Memphis but its nice to see a team starting to play better, now its about putting it together for 60 minutes, we gotta do a better job of closing out games, maybe its this team trying to clean the Diaco out of their system. I have never been one to make predictions and I'm not gonna start now I'm only looking at Missouri, I have gone to games through the Diaco mess I'm not gonna stop now, I will be there Saturday night if any of you can go please go we will need our crowd against Mizzou.

Reaction Score
I think many of us had trouble coming into the year predicting how this team would do or knowing if better play would translate into significantly more wins. I doubt a single person expected the offense to be as good as it is, and I doubt a single person expected the defense to be as bad as it is. That would include Edsall2.0 on both counts.

Way too early to be talking about the year as a whole 7 games into it. We're 3-4, and probably should be 4-3. Any chance to get to 6-6 requires a win tonight. If we don't win tonight, then we can discuss success or failure. While I don't think we will get to a bowl, that is absolutely still the focus.

Reaction Score
My prediction was 4 wins for the season - I think we'll get that. By that definition and the week by week improvements, I'd have signed up for it.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Before the season, the Holy Cross, Virginia and ECU games were probably considered the most “winnable” games of the season so not sure our current record is such a surprise. How we got there (particularly beating Tulsa who most thought would be very good) has been surprising and the manner in which we’ve played has also been a shock.

I still think six wins is a pipe dream but you never know...

Reaction Score
I think we can get to 6-6 and still not win tonight.

But a win tomorrow night? HUGE help.
A win tomorrow night sets UConn up to compete with the FL teams tooth and nail. Not that they won't anyway, but they will have the advantage of knowing they can win.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom