Rahsool Diggins transferring (merged threads) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Rahsool Diggins transferring (merged threads)

DB24MTN

UConn 2019 NCAA Champions
Reaction Score
This hurts, even though it was expected. Maybe it was just a recruiting miss, or maybe it was a mismanagement on Hurley’s part. Just not a great look either way you slice it.

On the bright side, welcome to the spotlight Corey Floyd Jr. Excited to see what he brings to the team. He’s got that dog in him.

Reaction Score
He was put on the floor with the B team in garbage time. That's not being put in a position to succeed.

Gaffney played just as poorly, if not worse, and continued to see the floor. No reason Sool could not have earned minutes over Gaff... but he was never put in a position early on to be able to get comfortable.

So of course he didn't look good when Hurley threw him to the wolves in garbage time with the B team later in the year.

Mismanaged by Hurley because of his blind loyalty to Gaffney. Plain and simple.
For the life of me I can’t stand why he didn’t play him. He couldn’t even beat out Gaffney??? Cmon. should Of given the kid a chance— Why he didn’t play against the cupcakes in November??? I guess we’ll never know —-bad loss for Hurley. Not the way you want to see the Philly city player of the year go out.

Reaction Score
It's insane that the anti-Hurley crowd wants his head AGAIN, this time for one singular playing not working out. Oh the horror.

Is Brad Underwood on the hot seat because Curbelo is leaving? Or the Texas Tech coach b/c Terrance Shannon is leaving? Bob Huggins has a player transferring, time to fire him too. Matt Painter has a PG in the transfer portal, he is unfit to lead a program.

You all are crazy people. It didn't work out. It happens. But to moan and complain, which a lot of you do best, is just ridiculous. The need to put blame on him solves nothing and just makes you look like a pathetic baby.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Jeff Dowtin was a really good point guard Hurley brought to URI.
Yeah for sure. And Cole was a great get too, only saying he’s on a cold streak.

It’s also worth mentioning the flip side to this, which is that if Diggins is just meh at St Joes/Temple/La Salle, I’ll be glad Hurley cut bait when he did.

Reaction Score
For the life of me I can’t stand why he didn’t play him. He couldn’t even beat out Gaffney??? Cmon. should Of given the kid a chance— Why he didn’t play against the cupcakes in November??? I guess we’ll never know —-bad loss for Hurley. Not the way you want to see the Philly city player of the year go out.
He couldn't beat out Gaffney b/c he wasn't good enough. Why is this hard to figure out?

Reaction Score
This hurts, even though it was expected. Maybe it was just a recruiting miss, or maybe it was a mismanagement on Hurley’s part. Just not a great look either way you slice it.

On the bright side, welcome to the spotlight Corey Floyd Jr. Excited to see what he brings to the team. He’s got that dog in him.
Why do people keep bringing up Floyd? He is not a PG

Reaction Score
He was put on the floor with the B team in garbage time. That's not being put in a position to succeed.

Gaffney played just as poorly, if not worse, and continued to see the floor. No reason Sool could not have earned minutes over Gaff... but he was never put in a position early on to be able to get comfortable.

So of course he didn't look good when Hurley threw him to the wolves in garbage time with the B team later in the year.

This—— spot on

Reaction Score
I can't believe so many view this as a negative. I guess most of you ended up marrying your first girlfriend.

Best of luck to Diggins, but forgive me if I am excited by the opportunity to aggressively improve the roster.

BTW many freshman transferred out after one year with Calhoun. Jamaal Trice anyone? How about Pete Fleming and Robert Swain.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Why do people keep bringing up Floyd? He is not a PG
Because they see he's only 6'3" and assume he's gotta be a PG. Plus, they haven't seen him play yet aside from highlight videos

Reaction Score
Crazy idea....just spit balling here..... Maybe just maybe he didn't play because he wasn't good enough!?!?

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score

Or blind loyalty to 7-8 man rotation including and especially upperclassmen. Hurley had to be prodded to play Sanogo last year or we might have lost him. Any top point guard recruits looking at Uconn will hear this message from competitors.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Or blind loyalty to 7-8 man rotation including and especially upperclassmen. Hurley had to be prodded to play Sanogo last year or we might have lost him. Any top point guard recruits looking at Uconn will hear this message from competitors.

Yes, high level point guard recruits will be focused on transfers out of the program as opposed to the 1st team all league players they were benched in lieu of.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Crazy idea....just spit balling here..... Maybe just maybe he didn't play because he wasn't good enough!?!?
It's a real possibility but he never had a decent shot at PT when there was ample opportunity in the beginning of the season. If he was that bad why didn't he redshirt him?

Reaction Score
Maybe AJ is being groomed to be the PG next year with Gaffney as his backup. That might get ugly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom