Raftery Appreciation Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Raftery Appreciation Thread

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Hey @kobe Who are you pulling for tomorrow night?
Uconn Huskies Jonathan The Husky GIF by UConn

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Raftery last night: “It looks like UConn is getting a little tired here”

one second later - alleyoop slam by Castle.

last Sunday (dunno if it was Raftery or Packer): “It’s been a quiet night for Castle..”

one second later - Castle shakes his defender on the baseline for a rim-shaking dunk.

I don't think it was Packer.

Those comments are high-test mojo boosts.

Reaction Score
I liked his opening man to man line that was so messed up they had to translate it

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Now, replicate that gif, substituting Taylor Swift and Sydney Sweeney for the UConn girls zooming in on your avatar with a Bai substituting for Jonathan.
I imagine tht would be Kobe's wet dream, getting tag teamed by Taylor Swift & Sydney Sweeney.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I imagine tht would be Kobe's wet dream, getting tag teamed by Taylor Swift & Sydney Sweeney.
You say that as if something better has actually happened to you. Do tell!

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Now, replicate that gif, substituting Taylor Swift and Sydney Sweeney for the UConn girls zooming in on your avatar with a Bai substituting for Jonathan.
Regular Season Wtf GIF by NBA

everything okay man?

Reaction Score
Raftery last night: “It looks like UConn is getting a little tired here”

one second later - alleyoop slam by Castle.

last Sunday (dunno if it was Raftery or Packer): “It’s been a quiet night for Castle..”

one second later - Castle shakes his defender on the baseline for a rim-shaking dunk.
It was Stan Van Gundy.

Remember, we had the Kevin Harlan, SVG, Dan Bonner crew in the regionals for the second year in a row.

Reaction Score
Raff is great, my favorite was Al McGuire.
Those old school Jersey/NYC basketball guys are the best and they're so missed when they're gone. That's why I treasure games Raf and Hubie Brown call.

Reaction Score
Raf is at the top of his game. He tells you a lot without needing to talk every second. He gives you tidbits about players without needing to tell a story. He's great at recognizing tactics and momentum. He is having fun and you can feel it.
Had breakfast with him at a charity golf tournament a few years ago. Super down to earth nice guy. Very slender which you don’t get on tv because all you see is upper body. He also did a far better job than officials last night.

Reaction Score
Raftery is a treasure, but I'm really glad they made Ian Eagle the #1 play by play guy.

You can tell the joy and delight he has doing this.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Raftery sings our praises everywhere he goes. He gave legendary Monteverde coach Kevin Boyle his first coaching job in basketball when he was at Seton Hall. They remain very close friends. I’m surprised we don’t land more of Boyle’s players, maybe we’ll get our first with McNeeley.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Raftery is a treasure, but I'm really glad they made Ian Eagle the #1 play by play guy.

You can tell the joy and delight he has doing this.

I remember listening to WFAN when Eagle was just a producer, chiming in from time to time. He must’ve been a kid. I’ve enjoyed watching him rise the ranks. He’s a pro. Smart and good natured.

Reaction Score
Raftery is a treasure. If Hubie Brown is 90, I hope Raf’s around for another 10 years!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom