Raegan Beers to UConn or OU | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Raegan Beers to UConn or OU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I sometimes wonder what the current UCONN players think or feel about all this fuss about how it’s absolutely critical we get another “big” player or we could use another experienced point guard.. wondering what the message is they are receiving? wondering if they are feeling like they aren’t enough? that would be a shame..
I get what you are saying, and you make a decent point but like others have said and I agree as well. The way some of the players followed Beers, I am pretty sure some of the players are not thinking " Am I not good enough? Is that why the coaching staff are dipping in the portal?" And who knows. There could be some players thinking that way. But one thing I do know, our coaching staff is top shelf. A plus rating. I am 100% sure they have talked to the players and offered reassurance and support.

Reaction Score
No, I don't think I would.....:)

I would guess the average poster on the boneyard is north (considerably?) of 45. We are passionate, humorous, prolific and often nuts. College age students are heavily engaged in social media that matches their interests, experiences, and needs and would have 0 interest in our conversations.

Now perhaps their "teams" are following our conversations in the interest of market research and expanding the brand....:)
I can speak on good authority that some recruits and some players have read the Boneyard posts over the years..........not saying they dwell on them but most are certainly aware of the forum.......

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
I can speak on good authority that some recruits and some players have read the Boneyard posts over the years..........not saying they dwell on them but most are certainly aware of the forum.......
for fun, absolutely! a lot of the BY must slay them when they have any time to consume entertainment.

surely they are interested whenever the subject is the huskies and them. it's gotta be amusing ... and maybe educational at times, especially for someone curious about the human condition.

anyone in college is smart enough not to give any credence to some strangers on a bulletin board, however. i hope they wouldn't credit opinions voiced on social media, which is plagued by trolls and jerks (none of them on the BY, of course :) ).

Reaction Score
From NY, Boston University transfer and would’ve filled the void as a rebounder and shot-blocker. I doubt the staff even reached out.
Any reason to doubt they reached out? I'd be surprised if there wasn't some contact, but clearly UConn couldn't make an early offer to her with better players possibly available.

Reaction Score
From NY, Boston University transfer and would’ve filled the void as a rebounder and shot-blocker. I doubt the staff even reached out.
So what? UCONN go to the Final Four and seconds away from the Finals wihtout a shot blocker. Iowa beat SC the year before without a shot blocker.

The team that scores the most points wins all the time. Not the team with the most blocked shots or rebounds.

Reaction Score
So what? UCONN go to the Final Four and seconds away from the Finals wihtout a shot blocker. Iowa beat SC the year before without a shot blocker.

The team that scores the most points wins all the time. Not the team with the most blocked shots or rebounds.
Sometimes shots are off and rebounds and put backs become crucial. South Carolina won a lot of games with put backs.

Reaction Score
Geno and staff were certainly aware of her as an early portal transfer but obviously, one side or both sides lacked interest.....
I wonder if they were concerned she'd turn out like Natalie Butler and couldn't handle players her size in the big leagues...

Reaction Score
I wonder if they were concerned she'd turn out like Natalie Butler and couldn't handle players her size in the big leagues...
I have no idea......she seems to have shown very solid defensive capabilities albeit at a lower-level conference........I can't say how well her game translates at the next level........NC state was in on her early and their persistence has paid off...... I'll be curious to see how she does.......

Reaction Score
Sometimes shots are off and rebounds and put backs become crucial. South Carolina won a lot of games with put backs.
And sometimes they didn't . So, why should it be a rule?

Secondly, I would have liked to hear if this kid from Boston could score. You mention put backs-- that is scoring.

Reaction Score

And what did that get UConn? Or Iowa? Not a National Championship.

Since when has wanting defense, rebounding and an intimidating post presence to complement a great group of guards become a bad thing?

Reaction Score
And sometimes they didn't . So, why should it be a rule?

Secondly, I would have liked to hear if this kid from Boston could score. You mention put backs-- that is scoring.

Since when has wanting defense, rebounding and an intimidating post presence to complement a great group of guards become a bad thing?
I’ve seen Weimar play many times. She was a good player the last couple years, albeit against a low-major schedule. But I certainly wouldn’t describe her as an intimidating post presence.

Reaction Score

The 1999-2000 team (which the 2024 team may resemble except without a shot-blocker) had a shot-blocker in Kelly Schumacher which helped that team to resoundingly defeat an athletic Tennessee team (comparable to the 2024 South Carolina team) for the national championship.

BLOCK PARTY IN PHILLY

Kiah Stokes was a shot-blocker / great rebounder that was a big part of some of the Stewie championship teams.

There are times when having a shot-blocker negates/suppresses a lot of the opponents’ offensive schemes, making them less efficient in scoring.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Hard for me to believe that an assistant coach would elevate the Sooners over the opportunity to play for a potential national championship team, in the Basketball Capital of the World, for a coaching staff with an unequalled ability to develop WNBA ready pros.
From what I've heard, Oklahoma is a better fit.

Reaction Score

Since when is getting to Final Four and Finals a bad thing? So, what did they get?-- Well, they won their Region for the Final Four. Among the 4 best teams in all of wcbb. That's no good?

And do you really want to go there with UCONN not winning a title these past 3 years???? You seriously think any teams that has undergone the injuries UConn has had while if UCONN were healthy that they would have won a title?

And who says a player that can't score is automatically a complimenting player for a title team? Mybe she can be - but my point is you seem only focused on rebounding and Defense. So, I also just asked about Offense.

Pat Summit had a saying "Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." But that has never been Geno's mantra. See the Final Four postgame from Geno below at around 25:16. He is speaking of scoring being the most important thing in the NCAA. Which is why I asked if the pale you refer to - if she can score. Because if she is just a one-dimensional rebounder/shot blocker- that's not the style the greatest wcbb coach in history believes in. So what you are suggesting isn't that much of a priority for Geno unless she can also score was my point. -- . Can she?

Reaction Score
Oklahoma is a better fit.
Hahah -- very funny. C'mon. Better"fit?"

So a big time inside scorer that has zero chance to be double-teamed much at all is a worse fit?

Also-- for playing pro ball when games are played at a fatser pace in which your team has multiple great scorers-- it wouldbe "a better fit" that she plays with a team with lesser stars?

Reaction Score
Hahah -- very funny. C'mon. Better"fit?"

So a big time inside scorer that has zero chance to be double-teamed much at all is a worse fit?

Also-- for playing pro ball when games are played at a fatser pace in which your team has multiple great scorers-- it wouldbe "a better fit" that she plays with a team with lesser stars?
The poster means there are lots of rumors of maybe some beliefs Beers holds that might be harmful or problematic to the players currently on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom