Raegan Beers to UConn or OU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Raegan Beers to UConn or OU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I don't understand how today's "tweet" in the OP is "Breaking" when she was in Norman this weekend. Is it breaking news because this is the first time that it was made public that UConn is in the running? Or because her choices have been narrowed down to two?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Hard for me to believe that an assistant coach would elevate the Sooners over the opportunity to play for a potential national championship team, in the Basketball Capital of the World, for a coaching staff with an unequalled ability to develop WNBA ready pros.
Huh? Think of it like a work place, the #1 reasons employees stay or leave is their direct manager. How many colleagues did you know during your career that followed a manager to a new company? This is now different. She could feel this coach has been instrumental in her development and growth and the new program will help her evolve in a strong conference.

I understand the logic, I also happen to disagree as neither the coach nor the Oklahoma program (under Baranczyk) have any track record developing players for the next level nor making a deep run in the NCAAT but who know what it is that is truly motivating Ms. Beers…

Reaction Score
Hard for me to believe that an assistant coach would elevate the Sooners over the opportunity to play for a potential national championship team, in the Basketball Capital of the World, for a coaching staff with an unequalled ability to develop WNBA ready pros.
she may think she'll play more at Oklahoma and never underestimate how important relationships between coaches and players can be.......the fact that the coach in question has already entered into negotiations with Oklahoma tells me the train may have left the station
One of her Oregon State coaches was just hired at Oklahoma, so I assume they have the leg up.
Did the coach actually get hired or are they still in negotiations?

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Huh? Think of it like a work place, the #1 reasons employees stay or leave is their direct manager. How many colleagues did you know during your career that followed a manager to a new company? This is now different. She could feel this coach has been instrumental in her development and growth and the new program will help her evolve in a strong conference.

I understand the logic, I also happen to disagree as neither the coach nor the Oklahoma program (under Baranczyk) have any track record developing players for the next level nor making a deep run in the NCAAT but who know what it is that is truly motivating Ms. Beers…
While I agree that an employee’s direct manager is extremely important when it comes to job satisfaction, I have never left a job to follow a manager to another company, and I don’t know too many people that have done so. When it comes to your job, factors like compensation, your family situation, opportunities for advancement and so many other issues come into play.

I also agree that we don’t know what motivates Beers. But it’s not unreasonable to believe that she wants to play for a championship team under the best coaching staff in WBB. I would also add that if Beers comes to Storrs, she will have the opportunity to play with the very best WBB player in the country, someone who makes everyone on her team better.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I’m going out on a limb here. If Beers shows up on campus this coming weekend or next, she’ll be a Husky next season. Springtime in CT, hanging out with the team, Sunday brunch at Geno’s. Case closed. :)

Reaction Score
I’m going out on a limb here. If Beers shows up on campus this coming weekend or next, she’ll be a Husky next season. Springtime in CT, hanging out with the team, Sunday brunch at Geno’s. Case closed. :)
let's hope it gets that far.........always the pessimist, I think UConn's odds are under 50%/50%.......but as always, I'd be thrilled to be WRONG!!

Reaction Score
Caroline Ducharme and Ayanna Patterson have unfollowed her.
I wouldn’t think too much about it. Sarah and Azzi followed each other during her visit then they unfollowed each other and everyone went crazy. ( they still don’t follow each other even though they’re both huskies) If she hasn’t taken her visit yet, we’ll be fine but if she doesn’t come we’ll still be fine. We have 3 number one recruits (4 according to Geno because of Jana) multiple number five recruits, multiple 3 recruits, a number 4 recruit, number 7 and 11 plus whoever else they’re bringing in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom