Raegan Beers to UConn or OU | The Boneyard

Raegan Beers to UConn or OU

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

I guess this means we’re still in the running? The UConn players that have unfollowed her on Instagram in the last 2 days does not make me optimistic though.

No one has unfriended her:

4302A5D0-4074-40C1-BB71-607357AB79DB.jpeg
AF24E9E7-1D9D-4ED8-954D-F2B149449527.jpeg

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
One of her Oregon State coaches was just hired at Oklahoma, so I assume they have the leg up.
Hard for me to believe that an assistant coach would elevate the Sooners over the opportunity to play for a potential national championship team, in the Basketball Capital of the World, for a coaching staff with an unequalled ability to develop WNBA ready pros.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I expect she would show up on campus if she is serious about UConn. Let us see if that happens. I am assuming we would have heard if that had already happened.
Do we know if she has already visited or not? We’ve seen info that Chen from Princeton paid a visit to Storrs. I would not be surprised if Beers was also on campus at that time.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I expect she would show up on campus if she is serious about UConn. Let us see if that happens. I am assuming we would have heard if that had already happened.
Do we know if she has already visited or not?
Did we know that Evina Westbrook visited, or was it just a lot of chatter afterwards? Same with Dorka? I had no idea that 2025 Lara Somfai had, until I saw a pic of her with Azzi and Jana on social media, and no idea when it happened.

Reaction Score
One of her Oregon State coaches was just hired at Oklahoma, so I assume they have the leg up.
Remember when Sara was on her way to DUKE, and N.C. State, LSU supposedly had her locked up after Kim and her coaches met with her at home. Slow down boneyarders and let it play out. Did you forget about Jana. Many of you thought she was the reincarnation of RBecca Lobo, Kara Walter’s, and Stephanie Dolson all rolled into one. Now Beers is supposed to be the key to championship #12. Let’s everyone slow down and take a breath. If we land Beers fine, if we don’t the sun will still come up tomorrow.

Reaction Score
The fact that she has not visited the campus nor has one scheduled tells me she is not very interested in UConn. If she came to the campus and met the staff and players I would feel differently about our prospects of landing her.

Reaction Score
Do we know if she has already visited or not? We’ve seen info that Chen from Princeton paid a visit to Storrs. I would not be surprised if Beers was also on campus at that time.

She started following OU players and staff during her visit. To date, she still hasn’t followed any of the UConn players or Asst. Coaches back. If I had to guess, I’d say she hasn’t yet.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
She started following OU players and staff during her visit. To date, she still hasn’t followed any of the UConn players or Asst. Coaches back. If I had to guess, I’d say she hasn’t yet.
Scroll up to post #3.

The fact that she has not visited the campus nor has one scheduled tells me she is not very interested in UConn. If she came to the campus and met the staff and players I would feel differently about our prospects of landing her.
We don't know that she has or has not visited campus. UConn is not big on publicity of these things.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
She visited OK last weekend for the Spring Football game. To date, she has not announced that she’s a Sooner. If it was a done deal, she could have announced it. Until I hear otherwise, it sounds like Beers is still in play.

Reaction Score
OU may be the comfortable choice, if a former coach has moved there. But even if OU is on an upward trajectory, I doubt they’re going to make the final four in the next two years. It depends on what she wants to achieve.

Reaction Score
She visited OK last weekend for the Spring Football game. To date, she has not announced that she’s a Sooner. If it was a done deal, she could have announced it. Until I hear otherwise, it sounds like Beers is still in play.
OU Spring Football game attended by 45,000; UConn Fan Fest before less than 300? Ouch. We are a basketball school, but............................

Reaction Score
Hard for me to believe that an assistant coach would elevate the Sooners over the opportunity to play for a potential national championship team, in the Basketball Capital of the World, for a coaching staff with an unequalled ability to develop WNBA ready pros.
Big decisions come from the heart where comfort level often rules. Comfort is who your head coach will be, security on what your role will be, and which side of the Country you will be . Head may be thinking challane / reward (versus risk). Trip to Storrs might ease the comfort level - If not, heart usually wins these things

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Big decisions come from the heart where comfort level often rules. Comfort is who your head coach will be, security on what your role will be, and which side of the Country you will be . Head may be thinking challane / reward (versus risk). Trip to Storrs might ease the comfort level - If not, heart usually wins these things
Someone should show Beers Nika’s goodbye video to Geno. That might just warm her heart…..

Reaction Score
Scroll up to post #3.

That’s just a list of people that follow her. Again, she hasn’t followed any of them back yet (which indicates that she likely hasn’t visited UConn yet), but she’s followed several OU players and staff during her time there.

Chen even started following Ashlynn after visit.

Reaction Score

I don’t disagree about her still being in play, I just don’t think she’s made her way to Storrs yet.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
OU Spring Football game attended by 45,000; UConn Fan Fest before less than 300? Ouch. We are a basketball school, but............................
If you want to improve your prospects as a pro-player, and a potential future coach has 11 national championships, 49 former players drafted into the WNBA, five #1 draft picks, that might be more valuable than spectators at a spring football scrimmage. Everyone knows that both W & M BB programs are highly valued at UConn. I guess it's all about what a person values.

On edit - after the 1st quarter of my senior year in college (D3), I took a road trip with friends to the U of Illinois, to meet up with some folks that had done internships near my school. The quad alone would have enveloped most of my campus, and at the Friday night pep rally before the football game the next day, there were more people there than total students at my school. I called my dad to tell him I was transfering and he hung up on me. First, there was an hour time zone difference (oops!), and second, with 3 quarters left to get an engineering degree, probably not a wise move. However, in a short period of time, I was transfixed with the idea of going somewhere "big". As soon as I got back to campus at the end of fall break I settled right back into my home of 3+ years. No regrets. :D

Last edited:

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
If you want to improve your prospects as a pro-player, and a potential future coach has 11 national championships, 49 former players drafted into the WNBA, five #1 draft picks, that might be more valuable than spectators at a spring football scrimmage. Everyone knows that both W & M BB programs are highly valued at UConn. I guess it's all about what a person values.
Exactly what I was thinking. Come here with a chance to improve and be WNBA ready while fighting for a NC or go to OK where you can live in a great College Football atmosphere. (Of course there may be other personal "values" that come into play that go beyond sports unfortunately).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom