Quotes Re: Calhoun Situation | The Boneyard

Quotes Re: Calhoun Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/

Blaney:

“I brought Shabazz, Jeremy and Alex into the room before practice and talked to them about – this is Coach Calhoun’s team, my voice is voice they’re going to have to listen to now for whatever amount of games or practices, and that I need their help and I need them to take control of the team again in the locker room.”

"He’s the toughest guy I know. He doesn’t use Novocaine when he goes to the dentist."

“When adversity hits sometimes, you watch what people can and can’t do. It’s time for people to step up and do it ... I like adversity with teams. I think it tells what guys are made of. I’m not worried about that. I’m worried about playing hard right now.”

“We all know we haven’t been working hard enough. We’re playing with dead faces. I want that guy in Section 209 to see our guys are having fun.”

Shabazz

“It’s one of those things that we wish we could be there to help him, and he wishes he could be here to help us. But sometimes, you’ve got to go on your journey without your captain.”

“It hit us negatively, but right now, at this point, we’re staying positive. We know that we’ve still got a lot more games left in the season, and we’ve got to take it one practice, one game, one day at a time.”

Drummond

“We’re ready. We’re going to come out with fire tomorrow and play hard. We had a great practice today, a great team meeting before practice, and we’re in it for each other. We’re brothers.”

Boatright

“Everybody was devastated. We just hope he gets better.”

Reaction Score
Boat may be the most honest with his feelings. Blaney may get more out of them in the short term. This may be catalyst that ignites and propels these guys.

Reaction Score
"He doesn’t use Novocaine when he goes to the dentist"

Isn't that a Chuck Norris line?

Reaction Score
"He doesn’t use Novocaine when he goes to the dentist"

Isn't that a Chuck Norris line?

Well actually, the dentist uses Novocaine when JC goes to sit in his chair. That way he doesn't feel it when JC punches him in the jaw when he does a terrible job setting the rubber screen over JC's mouth or misses with the drill.

Reaction Score
Seton Hall is a GET RIGHT game for us. Sure they're improved this year and beat us at their place but this is a perfect game to get us out of our funk. Plus here is a video of Blaney talking to the guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom