Quotes from the Vanderbuilt web site | The Boneyard

Quotes from the Vanderbuilt web site

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
thanks TWT -
Couple of take aways - we impressed on both ends of the floor.
All responders commented upon Connecticut's intensity.
And each had to field a question comparing Connecticut to their regular season competition - specifically Tennessee.

Gosh...

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
"Can you compare Connecticut's play tonight versus what you saw against Tennessee and Kentucky?"
"I think Connecticut has a really high level of intensity on defense and that's, to compare to Tennessee, we don't really see that as much."

:p

Reaction Score
Its so tough to discuss the other team that just clobbered you by 33.......Why does the NCAA have anybody from the other team on the stage after that beat down.......I would have liked to see them play with all their injured players. Give them credit they answered all the questions and did not bitch one bit....Congrats to the Dores!!

Reaction Score
“Coach Auriemma instills a work ethic in his players that prepares them well for the WNBA,” said Swanier. “Just look at how many of us are in the league. Look at me. I wasn’t that much of an impact player in college, but I’m playing in my fifth season [in the WNBA]. That should tell you something.”

Every player the Husky's are trying to get should see this qoute. Going to Uconn is like putting money in a 401K- it's fuure money in the bank.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Every player the Husky's are trying to get should see this qoute. Going to Uconn is like putting money in a 401K- it's fuure money in the bank.

Any player that doesn't have the "Husky" attitude (e.g. more team than ego) really shouldn't be encouraged. IOW, if a player has a doubt, they probably should go elsewhere. That's just my two cents worth. I have a feeling Geno wouldn't consider them anyway.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Very gracious comments by Vanderbilt players and coach. To ease Coach Balcom's understandable disappointment, she should take some solace in the knowledge that Rebekah Dahlman will be enrolling to play for her next season. This young lady (now in HS in Minnesota) has just scored 5,000+ points.

Think about it. Saniya Chong has been a scoring machine at Ossining but came up a bit short of 3,000 and this kid outscored her by 2,000+! I have to be happy for Coach Balcomb -- and for Rebekah, for she will be in good coaching hands. Holly, watch out!

Reaction Score
Any player that doesn't have the "Husky" attitude (e.g. more team than ego) really shouldn't be encouraged. IOW, if a player has a doubt, they probably should go elsewhere. That's just my two cents worth. I have a feeling Geno wouldn't consider them anyway.

I could be wrong but I figure that if the Husky's are tryiong to get them, they would have the right attitude.

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
Rebekah Dahlman will be enrolling to play for her next season. This young lady (now in HS in Minnesota) has just scored 5,000+ points. Think about it. Saniya Chong has been a scoring machine at Ossining but came up a bit short of 3,000 and this kid outscored her by 2,000+!

Dahlman is a great player. But remember, she was a starter on the HS Varsity beginning in 7th grade so her stats represent significant playing time over 6 years.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Rebekah Dahlman will be enrolling to play for her next season. This young lady (now in HS in Minnesota) has just scored 5,000+ points. Think about it. Saniya Chong has been a scoring machine at Ossining but came up a bit short of 3,000 and this kid outscored her by 2,000+!

Dahlman is a great player. But remember, she was a starter on the HS Varsity beginning in 7th grade so her stats represent significant playing time over 6 years.

Well, then, had she started on the HS Varsity in 5th grade she could have knocked down 6,000 points and been recruited by Maryland and North Carolina.

But not Villanova or Rutgers.

Reaction Score
I thought you might like to read a few quotes from the players and coach on the Vanderbuilt web site.

Enjoy! LINK
Why does the horde even bother? It's as if they are begging for nuggets from the defeated, and some of them weren't all that gracious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom