Quote from Geno’s wesite | The Boneyard

Quote from Geno’s wesite

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
So, was last night one of those perfect games Geno always wants? No, it was not. But the Huskies did beat a good team by 16 points on the backs of Gabby and Azura. For the perfectionists among our fellow fans, I offer two Geno quotes, one I can’t find online quickly and the other from Genos website.

1. “Great teams find a way to win when nothing is going right”. Check. Lou and Napheesa had bad nights offensively so the Huskies toughened the defense and held a really good offensive team to few enough points to get the win. That’s what teams have to do in the postseason

2. “This time of year, it's the individual player that makes the difference. The things you do as a program get you to this point. Then individuals decide the outcome of the games.” This is copied directly from Genos site and is similar to the above. I like it because it shows Geno understands that good or unfamiliar teams might take ayou out of the game you know but if individual players step up UConn can still pull out the win. And that’s what the post season is about, winning.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits
Top Bottom