Quinnipiac and Hockey East | The Boneyard

Quinnipiac and Hockey East

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Would both parties be interested? Would UConn block a potential move?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And, no, Connecticut would not block them from joining. They just have no interest.

Reaction Score
When (ultimately) HE adds a twelfth team it will likely be Holy Cross, already a women's league member. Not my personal choice; I'd prefer Sacred Heart, a well-established program with a great new facility.

With twelve teams, the league could go to a balanced schedule, 22 league games each. I've always been a fan of Ivy League basketball's Friday/Saturday travel partner model. In HE it could be: BU/BC, Northeastern/PC, UNH/ME, VT/UMass, Lowell/Merrimack and UConn/Sacred Heart.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I believe Q lobbied to replace ND but was turned down.

I'm not sure what HE has planned for future expansion (if anything) but at the moment it appears they are satisfied with the status quo.

Reaction Score
I kind've agree with the above valid points but also adding they like the status of playing Ivy League schools plus their rivalry with Yale has turned into the premier event of the season on campus there.

Reaction Score
I believe Q lobbied to replace ND but was turned down.

I'm not sure what HE has planned for future expansion (if anything) but at the moment it appears they are satisfied with the status quo.
What was that based on? I was told that Q did not pursue HE and was/is quite happy in the ECAC. They have some facility and admissions advantages they wouldn't have in HE and they get to pitch a rivalry with Yale and membership in a league of top academic institutions. Yes, I know HE has outstanding academic schools as well, but the Ivies provide a special cachet and for a private school like Q that's worked very hard to increase it's public and academic perception being able to promote a rivalry with one of the best known schools in the world that's less than 10 miles away is a unique situation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom