Quick question | The Boneyard

Quick question

Reaction Score
so I know Juwan Durham is coming off injury, but on nights like tonight why not get him more touches and see what we have in him a little more maybe. Maybe is he still getting acclimated on the offensive end? It seems like he can rebound pretty good (from my awful basketball mind) and has nice touch around the rim. He keeps taking that jumper which means he has the confidence in that shot. So why not give the ball to him more. Honest question thanks.

Reaction Score
so I know Juwan Durham is coming off injury, but on nights like tonight why not get him more touches and see what we have in him a little more maybe. Maybe is he still getting acclimated on the offensive end? It seems like he can rebound pretty good (from my awful basketball mind) and has nice touch around the rim. He keeps taking that jumper which means he has the confidence in that shot. So why not give the ball to him more. Honest question thanks.

I have no problems with him on offense. He's a good player.

But he needs to get in someone's face on defense. he is moving away from his own guy when his own guy has the ball. His resistance is pretty weak and passive.

The most disappointing thing about this team is the lack of defense. I know on a night like this when they can't shoot a lick, that might sound like a crazy thing to say, but defense is the thing you have to do when you are having trouble hitting a basket.

Reaction Score
I have no problems with him on offense. He's a good player.

But he needs to get in someone's face on defense. he is moving away from his own guy when his own guy has the ball. His resistance is pretty weak and passive.

The most disappointing thing about this team is the lack of defense. I know on a night like this when they can't shoot a lick, that might sound like a crazy thing to say, but defense is the thing you have to do when you are having trouble hitting a basket.
You're right. The first thing that I look for in a UConn game is how well are they playing defense. And in evaluating a young player, the trait that I'd like to see most prominently displayed is solid defense, or the willingness to at least get your nose dirty. That's the foundation for success; you build out from there. Durham seems to have a decent touch for his size, but he is notably soft. And contrary to what Yogurt opined, he can't rebound his position.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman
Top Bottom