Questions Recruits Should Ask | The Boneyard

Questions Recruits Should Ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Weird list of questions. Some basic independent research would get you an answer to a number of them. When you're being recruited, the school is interviewing you, too. If, during an interview, someone I was considering hiring asked me an analogous version of some of these questions, I wouldn't make them an offer. Just shows you didn't make the effort to learn about my business beforehand.

Things I would want my daughter to know before she made a commitment:

• If you don't play basketball professionally, is this a region of the country you'd want to live in for a while after college?
  • What are the majors of the current players, and do they sound hokey? Does it seem like student-athletes get funneled into BS majors/courses of study (and I'm not talking about Bachelor's of Science)?
  • Do you trust the coaches and assistants, and if so, why? You should be able to articulate this clearly.
  • Can you see yourself being friends with the players currenly on the team?
  • If you weren't getting a basketball scholarship and were just considering schools, where would this school rank on your list?
  • If you are injured (such that you can't play at the level you do now, if at all) anytime after making a committment to that school, either before you matriculate or after, will they honor your scholarship?
  • Did the coaching staff tell you what you wanted to hear or what you needed to hear?
  • You've worked really hard to get to the point of being offered a free ride to play ball. Does going to this school fundamentally feel like a more-than-adequate payoff?

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Great questions Alex, wonder how many recruits even think about these, but they should.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
If you want to major in a Math/Science area(e.g. Engineering), you need to know the policy on labs vs practice…my son got a coaches-look with that one at All the Universities he was recruited at.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
"Did the coaching staff tell you what you wanted to hear or what you needed to hear?"

Unfortunately, some may answer a simple "yes" to this given the "or" in the sentence. Maybe it's better as two separate questions. :)

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
By far most student athletes are not in the position of power that is implied here...for many, the kiss of death is to be seen as
"high maintenance"...indeed, for that matter, the student is being recruited, not the parent.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Blue Star - Link

Do you have any questions that you would have recruits ask?

- At what elite restuarants do head coaches have connections to ensure jobs as waiters?
- Is it possible to have lunch at Wendy's with famous alumni, even if those alumni happen to be overseas at the time the lunch takes place?
- What is your stance on protection of the environment for polar bears?

Reaction Score
- At what elite restuarants do head coaches have connections to ensure jobs as waiters?
- Is it possible to have lunch at Wendy's with famous alumni, even if those alumni happen to be overseas at the time the lunch takes place? ...
One more: What was the name of the first Emperor of your women's basketball dynasty?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
One more: What was the name of the first Emperor of your women's basketball dynasty?

One last question I would recommend:

WHAT is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? Either African or European will do.

tumblr_m9tqjczlaU1qb5lm2o1_1280.jpg

Reaction Score
Hou much will you appreciate the fans who will adopt you like one of their own ? :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
- Is it possible to have lunch at Wendy's with famous alumni, even if those alumni happen to be overseas at the time the lunch takes place?
- What is your stance on protection of the environment for polar bears?
Cam, I love that you have given in to your inner Husky and now join in the playful silliness.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

WHAT is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? Either African or European will do.
I'd prefer to know what it is with a swallow laden with a basketball. Seems more appropriate.

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score

tumblr_m9tqjczlaU1qb5lm2o1_1280.jpg

Svetlana is still trying to calculate, "How much vood vould a voodchuck chuck if a voodchuck vould chuck vood?" "By the vay, vhat is a voodchuck?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom