Questions on Rebounds | The Boneyard

Questions on Rebounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A player throws up an air ball, say over the net. A defender catches it.
Is it a rebound?
Also if a player tips a missed shot to a team mate, she gets credit for the rebound, correct?

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
If a player catches something that was presumed to be a shot, then it is a rebound, though a similar looking toss on an alley oop would be considered a steal.

On both steals and rebounds, it is the initiator and not necessarily the player who ends up possessing the ball who is supposed to get the credit, but it is the score keeper's judgment call because there are a lot of grey areas. But in a definite intentional tip of a rebound to a teammate, the tipper gets credit.

What bothers me about some of these stats is illustrated in a case with Kiah the last game where she gathered up a rebound with a great effort but her foot grazed the end line. So rebound but also TO. Doesn't seem right.

Reaction Score
On a similar theme...
If a player is fouled on a shot attempt which doesn't go in, are they given a shot attempt, missed?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
There is quite a bit of latitude given official scores in assigning credit for rebounds and steals. There is also quite a bit of latitude on actually crediting assists and steals - I often think Uconn's official scorers are a little stingy on assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom