Question on A'ja Wilson? | The Boneyard

Question on A'ja Wilson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
For those of you who have seen her play a decent number of minutes either in this tournament
or this past year:

Would you put your analysis cap on and describe her game for us?
Maybe toss in a player comparison?

Thanks.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Seeing as no one else is answering ... after extensive watching of the 2013 semifinal against AUS - tall and slender, nice soft touch on her mid-range, but a little tentative. More of a forward than a guard.:confused:
Actually she had a strangely quiet game - was disappointed after the stats she was compiling in the earlier games - off night? tough/physical defense for AUS? Not sure, but wouldn't base an evaluation on this one game - the above is more a joke, because this is truly the first I have seen of her play.

Reaction Score
I've seen her play (on the net) in a few games. She's only 16 (17 on August 8). 6'4" 190 lbs
She moves extremely well for a player her size. Above average ball handler for her height. Good hops. Very good rebounder. From the games I watched, her offense has been around the basket, rarely venturing past mid range (at most). I know the reports have been that she prefers to be considered as a perimeter player but I don't see it. Not yet anyway. Though at her age the sky is the limit. She will be GREAT on any college team. But has a chance to be legendary if she makes the right choice !!!! Teamed with Stewie for 2 years would almost be unfair.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
I've seen her play (on the net) in a few games. She's only 16 (17 on August 8). 6'4" 190 lbs
She moves extremely well for a player her size. Above average ball handler for her height. Good hops. Very good rebounder. From the games I watched, her offense has been around the basket, rarely venturing past mid range (at most). I know the reports have been that she prefers to be considered as a perimeter player but I don't see it. Not yet anyway. Though at her age the sky is the limit. She will be GREAT on any college team. But has a chance to be legendary if she makes the right choice !!!! Teamed with Stewie for 2 years would almost be unfair.

"UNFAIR" ------ No Way !!

A DELIGHT for Husky fans. ------ Bet your last dollar on it. !!

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
I did say "ALMOST" !!! It would be a joy to watch

A'ja is a terrific rebounder; and, as far as I know, she has never turned a defensive rebound into an immediate score at the opponents end of the court -- which Swin has done.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
A'ja is a terrific rebounder; and, as far as I know, she has never turned a defensive rebound into an immediate score at the opponents end of the court -- which Swin has done.

Give her time, she's young :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22