Qudus Wahab | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Qudus Wahab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kids aren’t naive. They don’t drop hints or show their hand like they did 4 years ago. Recruiting is a huge production now.

Especially for a kid like Wahab. He isn't naturally getting the promotion 5* guys are and needs to generate it somehow with these fanbases.

pj

Reaction Score
This is not accurate. If anything we backed off Cockburn.

??? I thought Cockburn was priority #1 until he committed to Illinois. Are you saying we backed off Cockburn before his commitment?

Reaction Score
??? I thought Cockburn was priority #1 until he committed to Illinois. Are you saying we backed off Cockburn before his commitment?
No. He is being sarcastic.

Reaction Score
We’ve been able to get very good players but not the breakthrough ones where we’ve been left on the doorstep. Believe me, I think the staff has done everything they could so no blame on KO even. And we never needed top 10 Zion types to make our runs but we need some quality to go with the guards. Give Hurley some material and he will get it done, and imagine how his prospects improve from the BE.
There’s no coach out there that can win without talent. Our program is not satisfied with just making the tourney and unless we can get what we need it’s unlikely to happen. I had a conversation with a former player who told me we are never going to get back to the level of where we were. I protested vehemently. I asked, “what if we go back to the BE?”. Answer was “ now you’re talking”.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This thread:

MyRL-n4ZNxoB6hAG7s9Jxr4HS_o=.gif

Did Wahab announce yet?
Did Wahab announce yet?
Did Wahab announce yet?

Reaction Score
Saw portions of the G'town-St John's game last weekend. Was it me or did it look like the G-town D was less than stellar? The Johnnies seemed to be able to drive to the hoop almost anytime they wanted and make it to the hoop almost every time. Didn't see the whole game, but it looked as if the G'town D defenders were slow to react and slow to help out too. Comparatively, I like the way Hurley has our D playing much better! It's now matured into a controlled aggressive style, especially with Carlton being so aggressive in the middle with all the blocks last game. Hopefully Wahab has taken notice! ;)

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I heard Pitt was leading, then Georgetown was leading, then Virginia Tech pulled into the lead, then UConn was in the lead, then Pitt took the lead, but now it's back to Georgetown.

Lot of movement in the past 49 minutes per recruiting chatter.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Another swing and a miss on a big man target. Hard to complain about recruiting because of how successful Hurley has been to this point, but our glaring weakness was our Center position and we still have not addressed it.

Reaction Score
I am impressed with the quick turnaround at Pitt and it is only up from here. As much as I hate them, they might be on track for success quicker than us. Seems like we could forever struggle getting that real big time C/PF while being in the AAC. @AAC Guru can you confirm?

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Slater just made another CB pick for Christian Brown to Pitt. Things heating up fast for Capel and company.

Reaction Score
The Big East and UCONN need each other more than ever. Now. Article in NY Post today on how they are in danger of only getting 2 bids with recent collapse of Hall and St. John’s. The name alone puts us back in these recruiting battles especially with Hurley at the helm not to mention the matchups that are high profile and get prime status on tv. 2 teams, 4 teams, who knows, Memphis, UCONN, Cincy, and one other.
The football would have been nice if it worked but it didn’t. Nova doesn’t need it, we don’t either. It’s easier to sell a kid on Nova, Georgetown, St. John’s, for high profile games than the AAC thing we have and I realize there’s some chaff in the BE too. That plus a strong OOC gives recruits a reason to come. Know it’s been hashed over but it’s time to move.

NY Post is a joke dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22