(QB Coach) Moyseenko right man for UConn (Herald-Mail) | The Boneyard

(QB Coach) Moyseenko right man for UConn (Herald-Mail)

Reaction Score
@JohnFSilver find.

>>In Moyseenko’s journey to find his destination, he might have stumbled on a perfect fit of time and place as the University of Connecticut’s new quarterback coach.

Nothing could be more challenging at the moment than the Huskies’ present situation. And yet, it is something familiar.

Moyseenko is the guy tasked with developing a starting quarterback from a group of candidates who have never played a down for UConn.

They are “young guys with blank slates,” as Moyseenko called it.

It’s time for Moyseenko to put on a hard hat. It’s his job to build candidates from the ground up.

“It’s interesting being the position coach,” he said. “You have to train them in their minds … on their decisions, on what makes the offense run. On the timing to make a play work. On what checks to make.

“(Each quarterback) has the physical talent. It an all-encompassing teaching of the mind. It’s how to scan the game mentally to process what I’m seeing and being productive.”<<

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Moyseenko is the guy tasked with developing a starting quarterback from a group of candidates who have never played a down for UConn.

Small technicality, letting cat out of bag, or crappy writing. Krajeswski got a few snaps last season.

Reaction Score
Is it just me or was that a poorly written article? A whole lot of words to say nothing

It’s a small hometown newspaper sports page pumping up the local kid. (The Herald-Mail is a newspaper serving the cities of Hagerstown, Maryland, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, and Martinsburg, West Virginia and the surrounding counties.)

Reaction Score
Frankly

Moyseenko is a key. Giufre. Dottin-Carter. Of course Newbies Lou Spanos & King. Corey Edsall as a recruiter. Perkins.

In other words ... we’ve got a lot to prove. IMHO ... I like what I’ve heard. But the 1-11 to something respectable challenges are daunting.

Reaction Score
I like the thought process, a QB coach that has never been full time, coached his own room, ect and a room full of QBs that have never started a D1 game. So organic.
I'm sure he is a wonderful young man and odds are he will be a fine coach someday, but everyone in that room will navigate a ton of "firsts" in 2019.
If this scenario inspires confidence for you, I have some extra pixie dust for you to sprinkle on the QBs.
(side note- a Scout team QB does not learn a new offense every week. They read a 8 x 11 card with the play drawn on it. )

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom