Qadence Samuels commits! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Qadence Samuels commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wouldn’t surprise me if you guys got Thomas. I know Maryland (and possibly ND) are also looking into her. Don’t know who else though.

Reaction Score
Stephanie Dolson was ranked as the 39th-best recruit nationally and rated as the second-best center in the country by ESPN Hoopgurlz back in 2009, or 2010. I watched her play for the Tennessee Flight(AAU) team at Nike Nationals in July 2009. I said to my self what does Geno see in her, other than a very good post up center. Geno knows what he can do and what potential players have, or what he can teach them to do.

Rankings, or ratings are something for the Bio page on the college roster link and for parents and grandparents to brag about. "Oh look what my Sally Sue is ranked and what award she won" Means nothing if you cant move up a level and improve your game, in all facets.
Kelly Faris was #34 in 2009, Dolson was #39, while Samarie Walker was #10 in the same 2010 class.

Anyone knows where is Samarie Walker now? Last I check she is in Europe.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Wouldn’t surprise me if you guys got Thomas. I know Maryland (and possibly ND) are also looking into her. Don’t know who else though.
Louisville

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Kelly Faris was #34 in 2009, Dolson was #39, while Samarie Walker was #10 in the same 2010 class.

Anyone knows where is Samarie Walker now? Last I check she is in Europe.
Samarie was #1 as a high school sophomore

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Didn't Delaney Thomas have some strong Breann Stewart fandom quotes. I also seem to recall a quote that she played against a UConn player (recruit?) that just bulled her over? :confused::confused::confused:

Reaction Score
So are you guys getting Thomas too??
Hopefully, yes... and (hopefully) Del Rosario as well. An updated Fab FIVE: Shade, Arnold, Samuels, Thomas, & Del Rosario.

So far, we have a lot of SAS! ;) ;) ;) Who are humble, extremely talented, high BB IQs, strong motors, willing to work hard, and refuse to lose! All traits of outstanding Huskies!

The future is bright!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Stephanie Dolson was ranked as the 39th-best recruit nationally and rated as the second-best center in the country by ESPN Hoopgurlz back in 2009, or 2010. I watched her play for the Tennessee Flight(AAU) team at Nike Nationals in July 2009. I said to my self what does Geno see in her, other than a very good post up center. Geno knows what he can do and what potential players have, or what he can teach them to do.

Rankings, or ratings are something for the Bio page on the college roster link and for parents and grandparents to brag about. "Oh look what my Sally Sue is ranked and what award she won" Means nothing if you cant move up a level and improve your game, in all facets.
I interviewed the Tennessee Flight AAU coach after Stefanie committed and even HE felt Stef would be “a nice role player” for UConn. I should have asked him after Stef graduated what he thought of her development :)

Reaction Score
She is a four star recruit listed at #35. I’m surprised UConn would recruit a player at that ranking unless they see something no one else does.
Geno knows 100 times more than the best recruiting service.

She will jump in the rankings but not just because she committed to UConn. It will be because the services will start paying attention to her.

Reaction Score
If you just recruit the top of top recruits, inevitably their high ranking leads to player dissatisfaction if they aren't immediate impact players. You need solid role players too that will stick around. You can't lose your recruits to transfer every year and maintain stability. We need players to stick around four years. P.S. Love her hair. Shows personality.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Remember this article from February?

W Qadence Samuels
6-foot-1
Bishop McNamara (Md.)

Samuels effortlessly runs the floor. She glides baseline to baseline and is a threat to either sprint for an easy layup at the rim or spot up for the transition triple. Her confidence and effectiveness from deep have really improved over the last year. Her improved shot preparation has helped her in all aspects of her shooting, and she attacks the elbows for pull-up jumpers very well.

Defensively, her frame and length allow her to be a real weapon for her team. Her high school and club (Team Takeover) programs emphasize defense, and she has begun to buy in. As that becomes more of a staple, she can be a lock-down type of defender, and her rebounding will improve as she adds more strength.

Samuels, who averages 13.5 points and 6.9 rebounds, has a competitive edge in between the lines that separates her. As she learns to translate that into day-to-day work, consistency and production, watch her stock continue to rise. She has offers from North Carolina, Tennessee, Wake Forest, Florida State, Alabama, Kansas State, West Virginia, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech Miami, Mississippi State and Pitt.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
This is Qadence's father's twitter account. Scroll down and you'll see offers and visits (home/unofficial) from/with Tennessee, Maryland, NC State, UNC, Louisville.

She has a younger sister (Qandace c/o of 2027) who is pretty good too.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Uconn. I swore she was a TN lock. Shows just how much we can’t look into social media and visits. Looking forward to seeing her play
Same!! She pops up on my social media a lot and it really seemed inevitable.

Thank goodness I was wrong

Reaction Score
MaxPreps puts her on 3rd team All-American among juniors. They have Arnold and Shade on 2nd team and Toomey on 3rd team.
I think we don't concentrate much on the "lower" ranked players but also I don't ever remember her name coming up in visits by coaches or even being followed on social media although I could be wrong.......ever since Megan Gustafson became an All American at Iowa and was ranked #80 by ESPN I've been a bit less impressed by the rankings....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom