Puzzling subs | The Boneyard

Puzzling subs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
During the stretch where Hamilton was getting his eye checked I assumed we were going to see the bench go a little deeper.

Reaction Score
I've given up trying to figure out Ollie's substitutions this season. Facey always seems to get pulled after making a good play, never to see the court again.

Reaction Score
Adams out with 2 fouls. Who else runs point?

Not a guy who hasn't played in 6 weeks that's for sure. I'm more pod Facey didn't get to keep playing he was really good on both ends and aggressive. Not sure about the communication amongst the coaches.

Oh well we have a shot.

Reaction Score
I love this photo. DHAM takes contested 3 with shot clock running down. 4 UConn players all behind the 3 point line. 4 coaches sitting down with hand on chin. Hopefully less of that in the 2nd half?

CbirjLJUUAAO3Nv.png

Reaction Score
Team starts to build a lead and that seems to be when coach gets creative with the substitutions. Lead evaporates.

Reaction Score
Purvis always seems to kill our momentum, so many times he presses the issue resulting in a run out the other way. It's extremely frustrating.

Reaction Score
Purvis always seems to kill our momentum, so many times he presses the issue resulting in a run out the other way. It's extremely frustrating.

That was a good take that got blocked. That's it. I'm not sure it's on Purvis that there was zero closeout on the transition three.

Reaction Score
That was a good take that got blocked. That's it. I'm not sure it's on Purvis that there was zero closeout on the transition three.
It's not a good take when you have two guys right there to block it.

Reaction Score
I love this photo. DHAM takes contested 3 with shot clock running down. 4 UConn players all behind the 3 point line. 4 coaches sitting down with hand on chin. Hopefully less of that in the 2nd half?

CbirjLJUUAAO3Nv.png

You're exaggerating. I only see three. One is holding the game plan - the three other coaches are wondering why he is disagreeing with their substitution decisions.

Reaction Score
Yes. The forced under the rim left hand layup, up 5, only to be blocked and lead to a run out 3 was turrible.

Reaction Score
I've given up trying to figure out Ollie's substitutions this season. Facey always seems to get pulled after making a good play, never to see the court again.
Fair enough. But Ollie was dressed to the nines tonight. Dude pulled it off. And we won. 30 for 40 or whatever the hell he said post game.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I like having Adams start the offense. When Hamilton initiates it seems like everyone stands around and he chucks a 3.

I hate to say it, but SCJR can't be on the court and Facey/Purvis need to take Nolan/Omar minutes.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I don't get the Veggie sub.

You take a bunch of veggies, put some cheese on it, soak it in dressing and you still end up with 1100 calories and 50g of fat.

Go with the lean meats. Much more protein and better quality calories.

Reaction Score
I don't get the Veggie sub.

You take a bunch of veggies, put some cheese on it, soak it in dressing and you still end up with 1100 calories and 50g of fat.

Go with the lean meats. Much more protein and better quality calories.
Tastier calories

Reaction Score
I really didn't understand the Cassel sub. People are saying that Jalen had 2 fouls and he was just giving Gibbs a quick break. I get it, but when was the last time a guard fouled out? It makes sense to rest bigs with 2 fouls cause they foul more. But a combo guard? Just let him play.

Reaction Score
Feel bad for Facey. Should have had more minutes in the 1st half as he was good tonight. Problem in the 2nd half the big fella from Ghana was having the time of his life and Miller/DHam were taking the other spots. Also RP didn't get a lot of floor the 2nd half, different people playing well and also the fact he isn't good from the FT line hurts him.

Reaction Score
I like having Adams start the offense. When Hamilton initiates it seems like everyone stands around and he chucks a 3.

I hate to say it, but SCJR can't be on the court and Facey/Purvis need to take Nolan/Omar minutes.
Facey seems to always get shortchanged but Omar has earned his minutes with his recent play.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Feel bad for Facey. Should have had more minutes in the 1st half as he was good tonight. Problem in the 2nd half the big fella from Ghana was having the time of his life and Miller/DHam were taking the other spots. Also RP didn't get a lot of floor the 2nd half, different people playing well and also the fact he isn't good from the FT line hurts him.

I think that is the answer. There is a big push to utilize Miller on offense and he & Amida were having big games. You know DHam will get the most minutes and OC was great. Ran out of room at the 3,4 ,and 5. Beats using the whole bench because no one is getting it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom