Putting Players in NFL. UConn Does Well. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Putting Players in NFL. UConn Does Well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What Edsall did a great job is identifying really, really fast guys who, for whatever reason, didn't get publicity. They were NFL quality athletes the day they arrrived on campus. If there were HS combines, they were have blown out guys with more stars.

I would also say he got lucky with offensive linemen who really had good frames and really developed. Except it happened too many times to be called luck.

Dead on imo. Exactly the reason I don't put much credence in stars and recruiting rankings. I'ld take all the Branch and Beaty recruits we can find and let all the lunatics scream that we can't recruit. Then win football games..........

Reaction Score
Are we talking guys getting legit playing time, or just being able to use the facilities?

You think UConn is the only team that counts NFL guys on the bench? Ask any high school player if he would take any roster spot on an NFL team?

Reaction Score
I think the majority of high school players have at least some idea about how talent works. If a 3 star caliber player thinks that by going to USC over UConn it will increase his chances of playing in the NFL because USC puts more players in the NFL, than he is so delusional that I wouldn't want him anywhere near the program. If you are a 5 star or high 4 star, than going pro is mostly about avoiding injury and your mental development. In other words, who your position coach is doesn't really matter because your talent will overcome slight deficiencies in technique if you are mentally capable of dealing with high pressure competition and stay injury free. 3 stars need the best position coaches and strength coaches possible to make it. It appears UConn has put together one of the best combinations of resources to help average athletes out of high school make it to the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom