Purvis getting heat from the crowd | The Boneyard

Purvis getting heat from the crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why is he getting so much heat from the crowd tonight. He played at NC State, not ECU. Why would ECU care so much about him going to UCONN?

Reaction Score
Why is he getting so much heat from the crowd tonight. He played at NC State, not ECU. Why would ECU care so much about him going to UCONN?

Because they are informed? Know he was a big deal in the state?

Reaction Score
Pretty classless. I feel for the kid, especially considering he's having a horrible game in front of 50 friends and family.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Love purvis but dont get how he has knocked down as many 3s as he has... He doesnt have that pretty of a shot... The thing that really has got me this year is his foot being on that damn out of bounds line... Did NC state play on a wider court (rhetorical question boneyarders)

Reaction Score
Meh, they are just being sports fans. It's no big deal.
Dude - post of the week. Why is this even being discussed? Our are panties wadded up in our collective @sses? Jesus.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I saw this thread title and half expected there to be a positive response to RP being jeered...I kid, I kid.

Through all of his missteps and boneheaded plays, Rodney is still one of ours. Tough to remember sometimes, but true.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Dude - post of the week. Why is this even being discussed? Our are panties wadded up in our collective @sses? Jesus.

No kidding. Who has time to discuss the linear rationale for why fans from the state of North Carolina are razzing Purvis in a game being played in North Carolina?

Besides, the refs were horrible tonight. That is a discussion worth having.

Reaction Score
im tired of your complaining about people complaining..u see what i did there?

Reaction Score
No kidding. Who has time to discuss the linear rationale for why fans from the state of North Carolina are razzing Purvis in a game being played in North Carolina? That is a discussion worth having.

Agree Chin, only us here in Connecticut (i.e. Yarders) are allowed to exercise that right.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This game is a loss without Rodney!
No kidding. Who has time to discuss the linear rationale for why fans from the state of North Carolina are razzing Purvis in a game being played in North Carolina?

Besides, the refs were horrible tonight. That is a discussion worth having.
LOL! I'm sorry but our pet peeves are just not the same.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Agree Chin, only us here in Connecticut (i.e. Yarders) are allowed to exercise that right.

Technically I'm in South Carolina for work, but your larger point is well taken. He's our player.

And as far as I know, he didn't step out of bounds once tonight. (Although I thought maybe he did right as the feed went blank and a family member cut the cord so no one could see it).

Reaction Score
Purvis is sorta fun to bash on, makes me feel better about my own crappy life.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The thing is...this is not just a North Carolina phenomenon. I remember hearing the "Purvis sucks!" chant on the road at least once already this season. IIRC, it was at Tulsa. I recall thinking, "wtf, how do they even know who Purvis is?!" Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
He's a former McDAA. He is our best known player other than Boat and had the most hype entering college of any of our kids. If you, as an opposing school's student, do the slightest bit of homework before the game, you'll see he was highly touted and is having a down year. That makes him the target.

Hell, we did much more in depth homework on our opponents when I was in school. Made fun of kids' mothers and pets and if they got in legal trouble for being connected to crack cocaine (looking at you Paul Harris).

Riding someone for being hyped and not living up to it is easy stuff.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
“I’m from this area, so I expected that,” Purvis said afterwards. “That wasn’t a surprise.”

It was a little odd, however, considering that the animosity apparently stemmed from the fact that Purvis left his hometown school to transfer to UConn last year. Of course, his hometown school was North Carolina State, not ECU.

“I left the area,” he said with a smile and a shrug. “That’s how it goes.”

“I wasn’t coming to East Carolina, so I don’t know why they were with all that,” he said. “But this kind of atmosphere is great. I appreciate it.”

http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20150225/ollies-halftime-words-spark-uconns-second-half-comeback

MattMang23

Reaction Score
I think the bigger problem is that ECU is baby brother to NCSU. Their students are probably NCSU fans too, kinda like around here CCSU fans consider UConn their team unless we are playing CCSU.

Which sucks for us cuz it means we are in a conference with everyone's second choice school, yay.

Reaction Score
I think the bigger problem is that ECU is baby brother to NCSU. Their students are probably NCSU fans too, kinda like around here CCSU fans consider UConn their team unless we are playing CCSU.

Which sucks for us cuz it means we are in a conference with everyone's second choice school, yay.

Most ECU "students" are usually UNC fans who couldn't get in so they went to ECU, not NCSU fans.
The reason why they were booing was simply because they are a trashy, classless fanbase.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Most ECU "students" are usually UNC fans who couldn't get in so they went to ECU, not NCSU fans.
The reason why they were booing was simply because they are a trashy, classless fanbase.

Ah ok. Thanks. Well my point holds, they're all going to Safety School U but still root for the mothership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom