Purely basketball. What is the best conference for us. | The Boneyard

Purely basketball. What is the best conference for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes there is a whole board on this. Just wanted to hear what basketball fans think. My guess is acc or b10

Reaction Score
Yes there is a whole board on this. Just wanted to hear what basketball fans think. My guess is acc or b10

B1G because of recruiting BUT, if B1G goes all Fox, then ACC + ESPN.

Reaction Score
Big East, along with Temple would make several great rivalry games. The AAC is dreadful.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I just think it's easier for UConn to pluck kids out of Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit, Baltimore, Philly and Ohio, than it is to grab them out of Virginia, North Carolina and Florida. More talent in the B1G recruiting grounds too.

eh,
recruiting "regions" tied into conference is so overrated and over thought these days. Cable TV/internet etc.... National programs recruit nationally.
And if that is true at any school it is at UConn where Calhoun was plucking west coast kids at will 25 years ago.

That is a non-issue in my mind.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If anyone says anything other than the Big Ten, they're bad at math and appear to have forgotten what prior expansion did to us.

The Big Ten has the most revenue by an open mile and they're the most stabile conference going forward.

Eventually, the disparity in revenue in favor of the SEC and Big Ten will cause further expansion at the expense of the ACC or Big 12.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
If anyone says anything other than the Big Ten, they're bad at math and appear to have forgotten what prior expansion did to us.

The Big Ten has the most revenue by an open mile and they're the most stabile conference going forward.

Eventually, the disparity in revenue in favor of the SEC and Big Ten will cause further expansion at the expense of the ACC or Big 12.

ugh. I knew this was going to be said by someone.

When the OP asked from a "Purely Basketball" standpoint I took it to mean Purely basketball with all the CR mumbo jumbo cast aside. Just thinking from a Basketball season perspective. There is a reason you don't see me on the CR board ever (and I know that many of you thank the lord for that every day). It's that I can generate plenty of misery in my life without looking through or thinking about that clusterF.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The question is vague. If the OP is asking, if were you to choose opponents that you'd want to play home and away annually, well then a lot (but not all) ACC teams would make the list. But, when you are talking what is the best conference to join, the answer is the B1G. What's best for basketball? Stability and sufficient money to keep up with the shooting war of coaches salaries and facilities.

Reaction Score
Purely basketball? I think the ACC because we seem to fit better there.

Overall though I agree with Fishy. The Big Ten would be better for stability. The ACC is going to get poached at some point. Football schools like FSU and Clemson would bolt the ACC in a second if they could.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score

"Purely Basketball"

Reaction Score
Just imagine facing Puke and UNC every season..I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
UConn has ACC written all over it. If we are talking purely basketball, how can we say anything other than the ACC?

Reaction Score
Pac 12, that way all of us on the Best coast could see more games. ;)

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

This dummies. If BB is important to you, then why would you join another conference of mixed institutions with differing priorities that is financially unstable compared to the other power conferences and carries around a 300-lb tumor that is Notre Dame with all it's baggage.

The best league for BB is the stable one that makes the most money. You'll take to playing Indiana, Mich, Mich St, and Ohio St like a duck to water.

Reaction Score
Jesus, I can't believe this is even a question.

Basically, do you want to play Syracuse or do you want your basketball program set for the rest of time?

You're missing what others are saying.

For sure UConn would be better off in the Big 10 if you take all of conference realignment into the equation.

Question was if you just considered basketball which conference would you choose.

When you look at revenue / football and mostly any other metric the Big 10 wins. Just considering basketball then you can make a case for ACC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom