Purdue Scouting Report | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Purdue Scouting Report

Reaction Score
The more I think about it, the more I think our length at guard and pressuring the ball - making the entry pass REALLY difficult for their guards is the biggest key. Don't give their guards an inch of space for passing inside of 30' and make them work super hard to get the ball inside. Use length at guard to keep the ball out of Edey's hands so that the # of times DC has to defend Edey inside is decreased.

Wonder if Donovan is coached to not help at all if our guards get beat? Clingan needs to stay on Edey and 1) not allow Purdue guards to dump off to Edey when DC comes to help, 2) save ALL of his fouls for Edey, no leasing to contest others and 3) not give up stupid tried to block a shot and Edey got an easy rebound put back.

Reaction Score
Edey will Challenge shooters in the paint area, whether Donovan or others. We will need to be agressive cutting behind him passing on the interior. If he challenges Donovan on one side, the pass goes behind him to AK or Castle.
He’s averse to challenging shots when not in good position. He’s not going to recover and go for a block because he needs to stay on the court. Leaves him susceptible to those looks near the basket. Most of the time his man won’t even challenge him, so I’m curious how much he’s going to have to stick with Clingan due to his size.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He’s averse to challenging shots when not in good position. He’s not going to recover and go for a block because he needs to stay on the court. Leaves him susceptible to those looks near the basket. Most of the time his man won’t even challenge him, so I’m curious how much he’s going to have to stick with Clingan due to his size.
That's why I think our excellent interior passing is really going to come into play. Where Alex or Donovan or Steph, those guys can all pass to a cutter coming in behind Edey. Johnson too on the receiving end. Edey is slow reacting so we can either score or draw fouls if he tries to contest.

Reaction Score
The only games we lost this year were games where we failed to score at least 70 points. It's an oversimplification, but if we score 75+ our odds go up exponentially.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom