Purdue Post Game Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Purdue Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
They asked Hurley if he was leaving for Kentucky. He laughed and said that’s not a concern but to be sure go ask my wife lol
I was not Hurley’s biggest fan, now I am. What a joy of a season to watch. Incredible.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Once we got to halftime up 6 and Clingan with only one foul, was anyone seriously questioning whether UConn would win?

My wife found me obnoxious in my insistence there was zero chance of Purdue finishing under 13 points behind.

And now she's mad because I was right.

Reaction Score
Once we got to halftime up 6 and Clingan with only one foul, was anyone seriously questioning whether UConn would win?

My wife found me obnoxious in my insistence there was zero chance of Purdue finishing under 13 points behind.
No, I said the same thing to anyone that would listen. Clingan only has one foul, Clingan has only one foul! It was like Christmas.

Props to the refs, they let them play but sheesh. Edey is allowed to do what he wants. There was the early arm thing when the game started with Clingan. There was the three point line thing and then there was the late game stuff when it was already over and they let Edey throw elbows into Karaban's neck.

Overall the refs let the players battle and decide the game without them being noticed. Edey got about 4 calls and I think we got 3. The refs were really good overall.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
That shot you couldn't figure out how T Newt twisted around Edey was set up by Cam completely clearing a lane. 2.8 on the shot clock. If someone can post video of that play I'd appreciate it. This Team really played together as a symphony.

IMG_0118.jpg

Reaction Score
Everyone came to play today. Clingan and Samson did absolutely everything we needed of them. Even Karaban gave some great minutes at the 5. Coaching staff pulled all the right levers. All the guards showed how much bigger and more athletic they were than Purdue. What a freaking game…
55-17 we outscored Purdue in the backcourt.

Reaction Score
This will never happen again I hope you all enjoyed it
Never say never but ive never seen anything like it in my lifetime of watching cbb and im pretty sure i wont live another 35 years to get a chance to see it. This is without a doubt the best team ive ever seen. Finally i can say 2004 is no longer the best Uconn team ive seen and UNLV 90 is no longer the best team ive seen.

Reaction Score
In his defense, that team stinks outside of Edey. Smith is a pretty good PG but outside of that they're not good.

I was a little surprised that they run no action when Edey has a post touch. They just stand there and if there's a double he'll kick it out, but at least run some weakside action, etc.
I told some Purdue fans without Edey Purdue is an NIT team. Without Clingan Uconn became the #1 team in the country. I knew this wouldnt be close and it was over at about 10 min when we went up 56-40.

Reaction Score
Never say never but ive never seen anything like it in my lifetime of watching cbb and im pretty sure i wont live another 35 years to get a chance to see it. This is without a doubt the best team ive ever seen. Finally i can say 2004 is no longer the best Uconn team ive seen and UNLV 90 is no longer the best team ive seen.
Same timeframe, this is the best team we've seen. I'm not sure all of us knew it when it was happening but now that they did it, it's the best. This was the best.

If anyone wants to talk about players staying longer in college back then. Cam just turned 24 and Tristen is an old man of college basketball. This is the best we've seen.

Reaction Score
If it hasn't already been said they beat the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place Big Ten teams in the tourney, might as well put up a Big Ten champion banner up as well
Add in Indiana during the regular season for 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom