Public Image and Paying for Blumenthal | The Boneyard

Public Image and Paying for Blumenthal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
On this day, I think about Dick Blumenthal. I don't know why CT people like the guy so much. Reports out of ACC leadership, suggesting that Louisville is a better football school for the ACC.

I read an SI-article and it says this:

And yet, for all of its resources, Louisville was stuck in a crumbling conference, faced with a future of games against Temple and UConn.

- Yeah, it must suck to be a top 25 ranked team and play UConn, on your home field - and lose......

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...isville-acc-conference-realignment/index.html

This vote, by the ACC presidents/chancellors, It's nothing more than a slap in the face, by egotistic people in position of power that have no rational means of quality control in decision making - a big slap in the face for UConn.....after Blumenthal eagerly and loudly tooted his little horn, to go after the ACC for the millions.....and the ACC paid.....because of a Connecticut attorney general, who's nothing but a publicity hound and a liar.

Louisville, in every possible way, is inferior to the University of Connecticut as both an athletic and academic institution.

In football, we are 4-5, in 9 games, against Louisville, and I hope we get to play them again.

Hell, I can't wait to schedule whoever, and whomever we schedule, and kick the crap out of them on the football field.

I am ANGRY. and the football field is the best place to get the aggression out.

I just wonder, how long, the University of Connecticut is going to pay for the publicity hounding actions of an Attorney General, who was unscrupoulous enough to have lied about his military service to his country, to sway public opinion.

Reaction Score
i hate this so much.

zaps all the energy from me

Focus, refocus. The football field, is where this gets corrected. Nowhere else. I hope players, families, friends are reading. The reasons why UConn finds itself in the mess it's in, are numerous, and out of most people's control.

Those guys out there on the field, are trully our gridiron warriors for this university though, that do, and can make a huge difference for the school, the fans, the Connecticut community. There has been a lot invested in this football program, by tens of thousands of people.

We need to win games. We need to win them, and we win by kicking the living out of anybody that comes out there on the field to face us.

and we do that by each and every one of those 11 guys that takes the field, going out there and beating the out of the player that they're lined up to beat the out of.

Football field is a great place to get the aggression out, and those guys going out there, have all the aggressions of this entire fanbase to fuel them.

I hope they're preparing properly for it. I want to kick the crap out of Cincinatti.

All of our problems get fixed, when you win.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
In 2004 there were 64 BCS teams in six conferences, incl ND.

In 2015 there will be 63 BCS teams in five conferences, incl ND.

Guess who's left out.

Maybe we should let Blumenthal finish the job.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Connecticut (the state) has no political currency nor do they have any clout. We probably could do what no other state has been able to accomplish - succeed from the nation. Doubt they'd miss us at all, based on the rest of the country's lack of interest in us. (Shocked to find out UConn has a football team, pissed at JC for winning a national championship in hoops in a year the NCAA was trying to punish us for North Carolina-like academic and Kentucky-like recruiting sins, furious at Jim Penders and Husky Baseball spoiling a USC v Clemson regional final and probably mad at Geno for taking Maya away from Pat Summit).

UConn is like a leper with teams scrambling to get as far away from us as possible

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Connecticut (the state) has no political currency nor do they have any clout. We probably could do what no other state has been able to accomplish - succeed from the nation. Doubt they'd miss us at all, based on the rest of the country's lack of interest in us. (Shocked to find out UConn has a football team, pissed at JC for winning a national championship in hoops in a year the NCAA was trying to punish us for North Carolina-like academic and Kentucky-like recruiting sins, furious at Jim Penders and Husky Baseball spoiling a USC v Clemson regional final and probably mad at Geno for taking Maya away from Pat Summit).

UConn is like a leper with teams scrambling to get as far away from us as possible

Nothing we were punished for was anything close to Carolina-like or.Kentucky-like.

Keeping Louisville from the B12 and their "Southern" football culture are the only reason they were selected ahead of us.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Nothing we were punished for was anything close to Carolina-like or.Kentucky-like.

Keeping Louisville from the B12 and their "Southern" football culture are the only reason they were selected ahead of us.

^^ This.

The ACC took UL before the B12 could, knowing UConn and Cincy would most likely be available later if they needed them.

Reaction Score
On this day, I think about Dick Blumenthal. I don't know why CT people like the guy so much. Reports out of ACC leadership, suggesting that Louisville is a better football school for the ACC.

This vote, by the ACC presidents/chancellors, It's nothing more than a slap in the face, by egotistic people in position of power that have no rational means of quality control in decision making - a big slap in the face for UConn.....after Blumenthal eagerly and loudly tooted his little horn, to go after the ACC for the millions.....and the ACC paid.....because of a Connecticut attorney general, who's nothing but a publicity hound and a liar.
Except the ACC paid nothing. BC paid something like $2 or $3 million in an out of court settlement.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
That lawsuit was ridiculous and never should have happen. You do realize without that lawsuit Uconn more than likely would be in the ACC instead of on the outside looking in. Blumenthal like to be in the media spotlight as much as any politician I have know. That is downfall.

Reaction Score
Except the ACC paid nothing. BC paid something like $2 or $3 million in an out of court settlement.

I can't be distracted with facts when I'm upset. My venting is over. The things I've read and seen today piss me off, and not because we are not in the ACC. Truthfully, I'd be very torn if we ended up there, I don't like the ACC, and never have.

I've become convinced, that the vast majority of all of this movement of entire university athletic departments we are seeing in the past 10 years, is the product of a handful of powerful administrators of universities, and even fewer commissioners of leagues, exercising nothing more than ego and d*ck measuring.

Reaction Score
That lawsuit was ridiculous and never should have happen. You do realize without that lawsuit Uconn more than likely would be in the ACC instead of on the outside looking in. Blumenthal like to be in the media spotlight as much as any politician I have know. That is downfall.

I think what's pretty clear, is that among the people that really make the decision regarding this stuff, UConn has a public image problem outside of our fanbase region.

Reaction Score
People really believe a conference who is currently suing one of its charter members made a multi-million dollar decision based on sore feelings from being sued? Unreal.......

Reaction Score
Wondering at the time how much of the local public was AGAINST the lawsuit? JC didn't exactly help matters in fanning the flames by declaring we'll never play BC hoops again.

Reaction Score
People really believe a conference who is currently suing one of its charter members made a multi-million dollar decision based on sore feelings from being sued? Unreal.......

Don't underestimate what I'm saying. Just because people are dealing with billion dollar institutions, and thousands of employees and students, doesn't make human beings any different than when they're making decisions about who they're going to invite to a poker game, or an after dinner party. Personal relationships, ego, and memory.

Reaction Score
If I remember West Virginia and others were right there with us in the law suit. Trouble was the Flippin judges could have stopped all this happy horse crap by telling VT, BC & Miami that you can stay in the Big East or not join any conference period. Your choice folks.

Reaction Score
I remember when Leonard Hamiliton brought the Miami basketball program to Connecticut for the first time and was destroyed. Many people were vocal, about their disgust how a university like Miami, could be in the Big East. Eight years later, he had the Big East co-player of the year right next to Richard Hamilton on the podium, and a sweet 16 team. two years after that Miami was gone from the league, after winning the national championship in football.

A little bit of humble pie from Connecticut, and then going out and winning as much and often as possible is what we need. Line up the opponents, don't care who they are, and win, win them all.

Reaction Score

I don't believe that for a second.

Reaction Score
Focus, refocus. The football field, is where this gets corrected. Nowhere else. I hope players, families, friends are reading. The reasons why UConn finds itself in the mess it's in, are numerous, and out of most people's control.

Those guys out there on the field, are trully our gridiron warriors for this university though, that do, and can make a huge difference for the school, the fans, the Connecticut community. There has been a lot invested in this football program, by tens of thousands of people.

We need to win games. We need to win them, and we win by kicking the living out of anybody that comes out there on the field to face us.

and we do that by each and every one of those 11 guys that takes the field, going out there and beating the out of the player that they're lined up to beat the out of.

Football field is a great place to get the aggression out, and those guys going out there, have all the aggressions of this entire fanbase to fuel them.

I hope they're preparing properly for it. I want to kick the crap out of Cincinatti.

All of our problems get fixed, when you win.

That's exactly the problem Carl. Our most serious problem is not getting fixed by winning. If it did, we wouldn't be stuck in a lifeboat that Pitt, Rutgers (Rutgers!) and Syracuse had gotten out of.

And enough with the Blumenthal crap. He was the lawyer, not the client. The client was the Chancellor of Pitt, who spoke for the remaining Big East schools, and Pitt is already off the lifeboat. If anyone in the ACC can actually support Pitt's membership and not UConn's because of the suit, again, at some point people are just so stupid there's not much you can do.

Reaction Score
There is just too much stupidity to overcome. It sucks the life force out of me. At some point you just let the fucker fly.

Reaction Score
That's exactly the problem Carl. Our most serious problem is not getting fixed by winning. If it did, we wouldn't be stuck in a lifeboat that Pitt, Rutgers (Rutgers!) and Syracuse had gotten out of.

And enough with the Blumenthal crap. He was the lawyer, not the client. The client was the Chancellor of Pitt, who spoke for the remaining Big East schools, and Pitt is already off the lifeboat. If anyone in the ACC can actually support Pitt's membership and not UConn's because of the suit, again, at some point people are just so stupid there's not much you can do.

Yeah, I found that out Nov 6th.

Reaction Score

It's amazing how many conclusive reasons for not being admitted are being thrown out there as fact when two minutes of scrutiny will show them to be completely illogical. We didn't win enough games? We won more than almost every other team taken ahead of us. We sued them? So did half the other teams that were taken ahead of us. We didn't win enough championships? More major sport national championships in the last decade than all of the other schools taken combined, and as many or more conference champs in football (which this is supposed to be all about) than any of the schools taken. Our Athletic Department sucks? Then how come we've had more success on the field and financially than the other schools taken. Rutgers and Maryland are probably the two worst run ADs in the country in terms of profitability.

Everyone's trying to pin this on one thing, and that's not possible because the world isn't that simple. B1G wanted media markets and they got them. I have no idea what the ACC's end game is but it seems like all they're looking for is brand names and we barely lost out to Louisville on that one. To be honest, if I look objectively over the last decade I'd say the ACC has been run even worse than the Big East by far, they just happened to have been dealt a much much better starting hand.

Reaction Score
If I win Powerball Tonight I'm going to Make HCPP, OL/OC GDL and Nick Saban offers they won't be able to turn down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom