PTI Wishes Sanogo Happy Birthday | The Boneyard

PTI Wishes Sanogo Happy Birthday

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Completely random, but they debated if Adama should’ve came back. Wilbon seemed disappointed he’s not getting a chance with the bulls.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I was just watching PTI and Sanogo made their lineup. Since it’s birthday. Kornheiser questions Wilson if Sanogo made the right decision leaving. He made some interesting comments as he is a big Bulls fan. He thought the plan was to trade Drummond and get Sanogo up. Now that they are in playoff hunt and the trade deadline came and went that is not going to happen. At which point Wilson says it may have been better for him to stay. I am fairly certain they have no idea of the visa and NIL issues he had. But they still questioned it….interesting.

Reaction Score
Completely random, but they debated if Adama should’ve came back. Wilbon seemed disappointed he’s not getting a chance with the bulls.
Wouldve loved to have seen him come back. DC said he would come back regardless so with both those guys the repeat would be all but assured and the only question would be if they go undefeated.

Reaction Score
You have a young man who is crushing it in the G League and has an admirable work ethic and keeps out of trouble. He will have a chance somewhere in the next few years. Whether he is able to capitalize on it -- who knows. But he will earn a chance and folks will want to give it to him.

Reaction Score
I realize they're just flapping their lips for any reason they can come up with, but they didn't think about the question from Sanogo's perspective at all, which is just... irritating.

Reaction Score
I realize they're just flapping their lips for any reason they can come up with, but they didn't think about the question from Sanogo's perspective at all, which is just... irritating.
They have a few seconds to talk about it. It's not an indepth conversation

Reaction Score
Wouldve loved to have seen him come back. DC said he would come back regardless so with both those guys the repeat would be all but assured and the only question would be if they go undefeated.
You can’t assure the same chemistry, Johnson wouldn’t have this time to prove himself, and you’re also short a scholarship for current squad. You keeping Sanogo and not able to bring in Spencer? I’ll take him leaving for this team makeup 100/100 times.

Reaction Score
Honestly he was at his maximized potential, his stock wasn't going higher. If he came back though we'd have an undefeated season and a cake walk to a repeat.

Reaction Score
Adama should try his hardest for an NBA contract because they are worth it. But he would be amazing in Europe , make a bunch of money too

Reaction Score
They have a few seconds to talk about it. It's not an indepth conversation
They can address it from any angle they want in those seconds. They chose to judge his decision based on something that couldn't have possibly been known to him at the time he chose to enter the draft. I get it, they just want to talk about it from the perspective they care about. I realize I'm just shouting at clouds.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They can address it from any angle they want in those seconds. They chose to judge his decision based on something that couldn't have possibly been known to him at the time he chose to enter the draft. I get it, they just want to talk about it from the perspective they care about. I realize I'm just shouting at clouds.
What should they have said?

Reaction Score
Sanogo is averaging 20/11 in the G League making $500k a year. He landed really well

He was a 21 year old Final 4 MOP. Even if we repeated and he did it again, then he’d be a 22 year old Final 4 MOP. He’s a low post 6’9 C, staying wouldn’t do much for his draft stock

Absolutely the right decision to leave. Hope he’s celebrating a very happy birthday today!

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
You have a young man who is crushing it in the G League and has an admirable work ethic and keeps out of trouble. He will have a chance somewhere in the next few years. Whether he is able to capitalize on it -- who knows. But he will earn a chance and folks will want to give it to him.
Would he have made the same decision if he was open to NIL funds. Maybe so, just wondering how much that impacted his decision.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Would he have made the same decision if he was open to NIL funds. Maybe so, just wondering how much that impacted his decision.
1707790356453.jpeg

Reaction Score
Everything related to that 4 letter organization is dead to me. They aren't worthy of discussing Sanogo.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Thanks for posting, even if the, "Did Adama make the wrong decision?" angle was dumb national-media stuff. At least Wilbon closed with his Bulls fan wanting Sanogo to play real story.

Two bonuses:

1 - I loved getting the reminder in the subsequent PTI segment of the 23rd anniversary of the Three Rivers Stadium implosion. Too long a story to recount here, but I watched it live from a great vantage point south of the point, after randomly learning about the implosion on late news the night before at bedtime in a motel on the midpoint between Louisville and Weston, CT. Never then imagined any possibility I'd ever be living in LouKY, but here I am.

2 - The YouTube autoplay video after the PTI clip was the latest Jared Kotler-Alex Karaban podcast episode from Monday. Yet again, highly recommended. Thanks, @gwhuskyfan !

Last edited:

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Sanogo is averaging 20/11 in the G League making $500k a year. He landed really well

He was a 21 year old Final 4 MOP. Even if we repeated and he did it again, then he’d be a 22 year old Final 4 MOP. He’s a low post 6’9 C, staying wouldn’t do much for his draft stock

Absolutely the right decision to leave. Hope he’s celebrating a very happy birthday today!
Kind of like irrefutable logic.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Kind of like irrefutable logic.
Right. The sooner he left, the sooner he was able to get money to his family. I see him giving the NBA a try for a couple years and if it doesn't work; I see him scoring 20 points a game overseas for a decade.

Reaction Score
Sanogo had to leave college because he was ineligible to make NIL money at UConn due to stupid NCAA rules. As soon as he left he signed a deal with Sunoco for a million dollars (plus or minus).

The NBA portion of his two-way deal would be worth (about) 2 million dollars if he plays a certain number of games (which he hasn't). His G-league salary is reportly worth 50-100 thousand. He probably got some sort of bonus for his brief promotion to the NBA. He also gets per diem and other perks that don't amount to much.

Still his Sunoco deal is nothing to sense at and he wouldn't have it if he was still in school.

Reaction Score
Sanogo had to leave college because he was ineligible to make NIL money at UConn due to stupid NCAA rules. As soon as he left he signed a deal with Sunoco for a million dollars (plus or minus).

The NBA portion of his two-way deal would be worth (about) 2 million dollars if he plays a certain number of games (which he hasn't). His G-league salary is reportly worth 50-100 thousand. He probably got some sort of bonus for his brief promotion to the NBA. He also gets per diem and other perks that don't amount to much.

Still his Sunoco deal is nothing to sense at and he wouldn't have it if he was still in school.
I thought 2 way contracts just paid like 510k regardless of where you are playing. Also 2nd rounders make like 1M so why would he get up to 2M. I'm not saying you are wrong, just that I haven't seen this breakdown anywhere.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom