Providence Scouting Report | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Providence Scouting Report

Reaction Score
Looks like Devin Carter is feeling like killing some dogs tonight...

Devin Carter's look (face & hair) have been bugging me all year as he reminds me of somebody else. Still can't pin down his doppleganger, but so far, 80's Unmasked Paul Stanley is one who may be in the running...

PaulStanley2.jpg

Reaction Score
So you would be disappointed with anything less than a 15 point win?
I want a win number one and I want us to be playing well. A loss would be terribly deflating at home on senior night and at this late point in the season.

Reaction Score
So we’re not going deep in March if we don’t beat Providence on January 4th?! So, so clueless. Going deep in March has nothing to do with winning games you’re supposed to “win on paper” in early January. It has to do with peaking at that time, matchups, being healthy and often a bounce or two going your way. This game isn’t a layup and we’ve been getting by teams like Butler and Georgetown that Providence and Butler just blew out respectively. You could argue that’s because we have a target on our back. I would argue that your take is clueless.
I agree with you with regard to January games. HOWEVER, at some point in time, if we think we are a title contender, we have to go on the road and take one of these games against a quality team. Its late February. This is when a title team has to gear up. I want to see a cleaner game. I want to see better in game adjustments. I want to see our stars carry the team.

Reaction Score
Hopkins vs Karaban is a bit of a nightmare matchup.
Forget Karaban vs Hopkins, if Hurley puts Clingan in with Sanogo, Karaban will be open for a ton of three’s. Clingan, Sanogo, Karaban, Hawkins, and Newton would beat Ed Cooley’s crew by 15 - 20 points.

Reaction Score
Forget Karaban vs Hopkins, if Hurley puts Clingan in with Sanogo, Karaban will be open for a ton of three’s. Clingan, Sanogo, Karaban, Hawkins, and Newton would beat Ed Cooley’s crew by 15 - 20 points.
Explain why Karaban would be open for a ton of 3's with this lineup.

Reaction Score
Explain why Karaban would be open for a ton of 3's with this lineup.
Cooley will have to put three bodies on Clingan and Sanogo. So of Hawkins, Newton, and Karaban, at least one will be open. My guess is AK. Again, this is only in the event Hurley puts DC and AS on the floor art he same time. If not, all bets are off.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Devin Carter's look (face & hair) have been bugging me all year as he reminds me of somebody else. Still can't pin down his doppleganger, but so far, 80's Unmasked Paul Stanley is one who may be in the running...

View attachment 84322
tt.jpg

Without question. All he needs is the ukulele

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc