Providence Post Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Providence Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
I don’t get why the called off the dogs with about 5 minutes to play. Seemed very unHurley like honestly. Let Provdence cut the lead from 28 to 14. We should have won by 35 not 14. Don’t get why we kicked the heck out of other teams but took it easy on the Friars. I want them to basically be afraid to come out of the locker room if they have to play us again this year. Instead they now think they have a shot. They didn’t, but athletes are funny and convince themselves of things.

The other problem is UConn is kind of boring when they get teams under control like this. I mean with 25 minutes left in the game there was no doubt about the outcome. only question was the score.
PC was cooked with about 7 minutes left. You could see they were done. I'm not sure if Hurley turned down the heat or the players just started going easy. You could even see the UConn players weren't trying to kill them at that point. They were still running the offense but without a lot of intensity.

Reaction Score
PC was cooked with about 7 minutes left. You could see they were done. I'm not sure if Hurley turned down the heat or the players just started going easy. You could even see the UConn players weren't trying to kill them at that point. They were still running the offense but without a lot of intensity.
Actually it sort of reminded me of the 2004 Championship game with Georgia Tech. It was clear the game was over. We basically milked the clock on every possession and GT made a few 3s to make it look like a less dominating win than it was. I much prefer just doing what you do. Stay focused. Or pull the starters and play the scrubs. I don’t want guys out there not playing hard. The backups will give you that.

Reaction Score
Just listened to the post game pressers. English seems like he will be a another top coach. What he did year one without Hopkins is quite impressive. DH gave him some props.

Reaction Score
Yes. He h
Samson takes a beating in these post game threads, he deserves alot of props tonight, he played very well on both ends.
as got to stop the Josh Carlton fouls 30’ from the rim. He just needs 15 lbs of muscle and more discipline. I’m fine with him otherwise.

Reaction Score
If I could create them, I'd be dangerous.

Example:
IMG_3667.gif

Reaction Score

Example:
View attachment 97519
his original post was #125 in this thread, the last one on page 5. I am still laughing when I see this. It's too funny.

Reaction Score
Actually it sort of reminded me of the 2004 Championship game with Georgia Tech. It was clear the game was over. We basically milked the clock on every possession and GT made a few 3s to make it look like a less dominating win than it was. I much prefer just doing what you do. Stay focused. Or pull the starters and play the scrubs. I don’t want guys out there not playing hard. The backups will give you that.
82-73

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Marvin Barnes was from providence
ct players in addition to soup Campbell were
bill Eason from Waterbury Charlie Crawford from hill house Gary bello-amity
I'd be remiss if I didn't add Don Lewis from Cromwell. I believe he played on the team with Barnes and Ernie D.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom